Digital Fundraising Copywriter
Avalon Consulting Group
Avalon Consulting, a full-service fundraising consulting agency, named one of Washington Business Journal’s “Best Workplaces in Greater Washington for 2019” is growing! We’re looking for someone who loves to write digital fundraising copy for an exciting variety of progressive advocacy, environmental and animal advocacy, cultural and social services non-profits.
What You Will Do:
- Help define creative messaging strategy for client campaigns
- Create original fundraising copy for digital campaigns, including emails, websites, social media posts and online ads
- Version direct mail fundraising copy into digital campaign copy for emails and social media posts
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years professional experience writing fundraising copy for digital campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to reflect varying tones of voice in copy
- Strong grammar, proofing and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and tight deadlines
In addition, our most successful team members exhibit the following:
- Enjoyment of collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Execution of responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Strong detail management
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Consideration of strategic objectives alongside immediate concerns
- Collaboration with clients, partners and Avalon team members
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion
- Consistent professionalism and respectful communication
- Eagerness for learning and professional development
Why You Will Love Us:
Avalon one of Washington, DC’s most well-regarded, cutting-edge, fundraising consulting agencies is a terrific place to work. We have created award-winning, successful multi-channel marketing and fundraising campaigns for nonprofit and political clients since 1997. We love our work, and it shows in our high staff retention rate, our industry accolades, and our happy clients.
We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, and most of all: passionate about our work. Because every single day, we get to make the world a better place by helping our clients raise millions of dollars to fulfill their inspiring missions.
We work hard, but we also strive for a healthy work/home balance for our entire team, collaborating with each staff member to outline reasonable expectations and responsibilities, with a work plan for getting them done.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon offers a rich benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, access to flexible spending plans and a 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
If you have the qualifications above, we would love to meet you. For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at this link only:
NOTE: Phone calls and emails to staff regarding this job posting are not accepted.
Please visit our website at www.avalonconsulting.net.