REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Annual Giving and E-Commerce Manager
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a Digital Fundraising Coordinator to work as part of our Digital Marketing team to serve Lyric’s Annual Giving department. The Coordinator will work closely with the Annual Giving team to develop and implement solicitation strategies within the digital space for Lyric’s Annual Campaign.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Digital Fundraising Coordinator will ensure all Development email communication and website updates are executed efficiently, accurately, and in a manner that is visually appealing and in accordance with Lyric’s brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and deploy email campaigns for Annual Campaign solicitation efforts. These may include invitations, event reminders, and benefits email.
- Lead initial and continuous training for Development staff on Lyric’s email platform, Mail2. Act as troubleshooter and problem-solver on issues ranging from platform capabilities to scheduling conflicts.
- Ensure that Development pages on the company website are updated and accurate using the company’s content management programs.
- Work with Digital Marketing team to ensure that templates, both for emails and web pages, are optimized to meet Development needs.
- Work with Digital team to optimize SEO on development web pages.
- Coordinate with the Digital Marketing team to schedule Development email and social media communications, manage Development ads in Lyric’s program books, and produce digital assets for fundraising purposes.
- Execute list building and segmentation in the company’s database, Tessitura, for targeted communications.
- Occasional graphic design may be needed for email headers, sizing art for email or web, etc.; entry-level design capability is required at a minimum.
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in digital fundraising solicitations and tactics.
- Assist with Lyric events as needed throughout the season.
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in communication, graphic arts, arts administration or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in an administrative support role, including a demonstrated orientation to detail and high quality customer-service.
- Previous experience in non-profit preferred.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, Tessitura, and Mail2 is preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills essential; sense of humor helpful!
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines required.
- Have a strong eye for design layout.
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Knowledge of opera a plus.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends to assist with department/company event needs.