Represent.Us is seeking a full-time Digital Fundraiser (DF) to refine and execute the online fundraising program for Represent.Us, including all aspects of integrated digital campaigns to acquire new donors and improve donor retention. The DF is attuned to current and emerging fundraising technologies including online giving, email solicitations, stewardship, social media, and crowdfunding. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and in partnership with the Digital Director, the DF leads in building program strategy and execution of all digital donor initiatives and executes day-to-day management of the program.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Digital Fundraiser (DF) will:
- Serve as day-to-day lead on all integrated digital fundraising campaigns and work with the Digital and Development teams to manage all aspects of the digital giving program, including planning, execution, and performance tracking, managing strategic planning of campaigns, data segmentation, and digital testing plan
- Work with Marketing and Digital teams to develop, implement, and optimize digital campaigns that promote donor acquisition and conversion within the social media community and with website visitors in support of annual giving goals
- Participate in developing strategic digital plans as well as recommend improvements to Represent.Us’ web presence in support of overall donor and dollar goals
- Continue to integrate digital and social strategies with print and other traditional giving campaigns
- Research, test, and explore emerging fundraising technologies and make program recommendations
Collaborate with designers and writers, edit all e-mail copy, manage approval process, and execute the sending process, ensuring queries reflect final segmentation, and track results of each digital fundraising campaign
- Build and maintain monthly email calendar to establish regular cadence of donor communication
- Monitor program goals, giving statistics, trends, successes, and outcomes, and propose recommendations to improve performance
- Revamp custom welcome series and other engagement communications to improve conversion, retention, and lifetime value of donors and prospects
- Create and maintain Represent.Us online (donation & email sign-up) form pages, including upgrades such as mobile responsiveness and social sharing; work with Digital team to test and optimize online forms and landing pages to improve conversion rates; test and continually improve all aspects of digital donor and fundraising strategy
- Work as part of the overall Development team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals
- Collaborate with the Development team in goal-setting and expense management
- 3-5 years of experience in a position of similar complexity with demonstrated expertise on current and emerging trends in digital fundraising and engagement
- Proven donor strategy and communications skills including experience in creating effective digital and multichannel campaigns and writing for email, mobile, website, and social media
- Ability to follow through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision
- Ability to resourcefully solve problems independently
- Ability to clearly communicate with staff and constituents at all levels and in all forms (written, verbal, group meetings)
- Candidates with experience working for or with external consultants preferred
- Able to write exceptionally well and effectively communicate the mission, goals, and needs of an organization to donors, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience with software and applications like Nationbuilder, ActionKit, Salsa, and text2give platforms.
- Consistently demonstrate common sense, flexibility and teamwork. Must be able to adapt or modify plans, timelines or processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must have a strong personal work ethic.
- A great sense of humor is a must!
- Finally, must embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
Compensation and Benefits
We are committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer highly competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement benefits, a health reimbursement account, a dependent care account, and a wellness benefit. Oh, and we have this crazy idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation each year.
Represent.Us is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
Represent.Us is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!