Digital Engagement Specialist
Western Resource Advocates
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) seeks a dynamic, organized, and creative Digital Engagement Specialist to be an essential part of our growing Communications Team. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Engagement Specialist will be part of a six-person Communications Team working closely with WRA’s Development Team to cultivate our base of supporters, grow our email list, and ensure that our website is an effective engagement and advocacy tool. The Communications Team is responsible for increasing the visibility and leadership of WRA, helping support digital fundraising, growing our constituent base, and using engagement and marketing strategies to further our programmatic goals.
About Western Resource Advocates
Founded in 1989, Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is dedicated to protecting the West’s land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities exist in balance with nature. We use law, science, and economics to craft innovative solutions to the most pressing conservation issues in the region within three core program areas: Clean Energy, Healthy Rivers and Western Lands.
In the face of population growth and climate change, the Western United States needs a strong and effective advocacy voice at the regional level to address changes that are already underway and to steer the West towards a sustainable future. WRA has aggressive plans to tackle these challenges. We envision a future in the West where:
- Western rivers and lakes will have abundant clean water to support habitat for fish and wildlife, communities and agriculture, and world-class recreational opportunities. The Colorado River will flow to the sea;
- Our homes, buildings and transportation systems will be powered by clean energy. The West will prosper in a zero-carbon economy;
- Half of western landscapes and habitat will be protected and connected to support thriving wildlife populations and unparalleled opportunities to enjoy the West’s natural beauty; and
- The West will have clean air and clean water to support healthy communities and vital habitat.
The position can be based in either of WRA’s Colorado offices in Boulder or Denver.
- Assist in developing a ladder of engagement to tie digital campaigns to our work and deepen our engagement with our supporters.
- Help identify, create, and implement appropriate email content strategies.
- Assist in developing content for integrated digital campaigns across the web and social media, including identifying and implementing effective strategies to grow our email list.
- Help create engaging content that is optimized for search engines.
- Develop dashboards and reports to track and evaluate the effectiveness of our digital programming.
- Work with a consultant to manage a Colorado-specific email list to turn the list into a consistent vehicle for engaging and growing support for funding and implementation of the Colorado Water Plan.
- 2+ years of experience in web and email management, with an understanding of how to craft and execute compelling and effective digital engagement strategies across email and web.
- Proven experience with a marketing CRM such as Every Action, Action Network, Salsa, Salesforce, or others.
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other analytics.
- Strong copywriting skills and experience writing email calls to action, blogs, and other similar content.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to prioritize, juggle multiple projects and deliver successful results on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and proven proofreading skills.
- Works well and collaboratively with a team.
- Genuine passion for the mission and work of WRA.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary based on relative experience; the salary range for this position will be provided to applicants invited to a first round interview. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation leave, sick leave, parental leave, sabbatical leave after five years; and an RTD EcoPass for staff in the Denver/Boulder metro area. Position is full-time non-exempt.
Deadline to Apply: Monday, July 22, 2019
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted through WRA’s online portal at https://westernresourceadvocates.org/about/jobs-volunteer-opportunities/wra-application-portal-a/
You will need to upload the following in PDF format through the online portal:
- Compelling cover letter to the attention of Meagan Kadlec, Recruitment and Hiring Manager, explaining how your qualifications match the needs of the position and your interest in WRA;
- Any salary requirement;
- 1-3 writing samples (an engagement email, a website and/or other work samples that demonstrate proficiency with the desired qualifications); and
- Three references, including at least one former supervisor, with contact information and a brief description of your relationship. (WRA will not contact references without first checking with the applicant.)
Please be sure to mention in your cover letter where you saw the job advertised.
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team.