Digital Engagement Manager
Digital Engagement Manager
Everyday Democracy is looking for a resourceful and strategic digital community builder to join our team as our Digital Engagement Manager. The Digital Engagement Manager will play an essential role in shaping Everyday Democracy’s digital strategy. This role will support Everyday Democracy in its e-communications tactics, data collection and analysis, and strategic digital implementation to build stakeholder engagement.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Communications and works closely with the Lead Content Strategist and across units to ensure that the organization’s primary digital platform, everyday-democracy.org, is an inspiring and high-quality resource for the organizations’ key audiences and has the flexibility to house and facilitate ambitious content and campaigns for maximum engagement and impact. While a part of the communications team, communication roles stretch across the full organization and include supporting all programmatic teams.
About Everyday Democracy:
Everyday Democracy equips communities with the tools they need to take back their power. We are building a model of community engagement where everyone has not just a seat, but a voice and access to power at the table. We believe democracy is both a principle and a practice. In principle, everyone should have a say in the decisions and policies that impact them most. In practice, we know that’s not the case. We work with activated communities to build that reality by creating an infrastructure for equitable community-led solutions to structural problems.
Digital Communications and Engagement
- Manage social media platforms with attention to list growth and conversion to other forms of participation by strategizing and curating content, scheduling all social posts, and engaging on social platforms (retweets, quote tweets, and active monitoring)
- Monitor public discourse and propose opportunities for Everyday Democracy to connect and engage
- Investigate other digital platforms for reaching our core audiences (Whatsapp, Tumblr, TikTok, Reddit, Clubhouse)
- Produce original graphic designs and layouts with a consistent look and feel, working with external graphic designers as needed
- Format and publish programmatic newsletters, and other collaborative and organizational content
Communications Platform Administration
- Maintain Everyday Democracy’s communications platforms by monitoring subscribe and unsubscribe options, watching for trends in our analytics, curating mailing lists, and tracking engagement grading
- Design and monitor nurture campaigns to increase stakeholder engagement and retain an active subscriber rate
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Communications on network and relationship building and execution of content strategy for our national movement
- Maintain our web presence by publishing news, organizational initiatives, and other content on Everyday Democracy’s website.
- Stay up to date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Build and sustain data collection processes through applicable Everyday Democracy platforms.
Collaboration and Teaming
- Work with Development Director to implement online fundraising initiatives
- Program promotional content. Play a role in maintaining a dynamic editorial calendar, design targeted lists, and create e-blasts for event promotion to increase interest and registration numbers
- Works with program colleagues at all levels to understand grant making goals and strategies to ensure relevance of web materials and to inform innovative uses of digital channels
- Works with program colleagues on relationship management strategy and execution
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Internal Communications: Ability to translate technical jargon into usable information for team members
- 3+ years’ experience with any combination of the following: digital/social media, online community, and email strategy that drives audiences to action, with an understanding of what makes for compelling content and which channels make the most sense (such as Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Facebook and TikTok) for different audiences
- Technology including open-source website platforms, Google Analytics, Asana, Salesforce, and Zoom. Command of Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience using analytics to inform online engagement, audience segmentation strategies and website content development
- Strong writing skills, with good instincts, when it comes to recognizing and developing a good story
- Experience working with a large collection of overlapping email list segments
- Experience with Canva/Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software
- Experience with MailChimp, website CMS (Drupal, WordPress), CRM (CIVI, Donor Perfect preferred)
- Knowledge of web design
- Knowledge of search engine optimization
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice, and willingness to be in deep practice (living our values) toward creating an equitable democracy
- Fresh perspective/approaches to reach others who are like-spirited but not yet connected to Everyday Democracy
- Experience with and understanding of social media trends, best practices, and engagement strategies
- Ability to conceive of digital strategy in support of a networked community rather than a traditional organization or “institution-building” approach to digital strategy (i.e., Everyday Democracy aims to build a network who communicate with each other, with opportunities for self-organizing and network weaving, rather than just a centralized organizational hub)
- 4 – year college degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations or related combination of education and experience.
The salary range for this position is $55K to $65K, depending on experience. We have a generous benefits package and offer a supportive and collaborative work setting with flexible hours as needed for family and personal demands, and a talented, driven, passionate, and fun team to work with.
This is a full-time position based in our Connecticut office, but we will consider candidates based remotely. However, during the pandemic, all our staff are working from home. The safety of our team is a top priority, and we will resume working from our office, travel, and in-person meetings when it is safe to do so.
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume and at least one work sample (more than one is welcome) to email@example.com. A work sample could include published writing samples, e-communication samples, social media posts, or other work you find relevant to this role.
Everyday Democracy is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Everyday Democracy will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 860-928-2616. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the specified position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with Everyday Democracy prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to email@example.com.