Objective: The Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for helping achieve GLSEN’s mission of LGBTQ-inclusive K-12 schools by leveraging digital channels – social, web, email, SMS, advertising, and blog – to advance GLSEN’s programs, services, and offerings.
Through the development of digital strategies and campaigns, the Digital Engagement Manager works to increase GLSEN’s reach with target audiences, create engagement paths, and drive meaningful action.
This position supervises the Communications Fellow, who supports social media, shop support, and digital content.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns marketing GLSEN’s programs, services, and offerings through the use of social, landing pages, email, SMS, digital advertising, and blog.
- Work with staff, Chapter volunteer network, student leaders, and partner organizations to develop campaigns and content to achieve organizational goals.
- Create campaign plans and reports, including tracking and analyzing key performance indicators related to digital channels.
- Manage relationship with pro-bono digital agency, which oversees search and OOH advertising.
- Serve as editor for the GLSEN blog.
- With support from Communications Fellow, oversee GLSEN’s social media channels.
- Advise and support Web and Database Manager in development of new website and CRM.
- Provide technical training and content development support for staff and volunteers to better leverage digital channels in their work.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 3-5 years experience managing integrated digital campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Proficient in HTML
- Working knowledge of Drupal or other CMS
- Experience working with CRM databases
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- An understanding of digital analytics
- Creative approach in pursuing organizational opportunities
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with, and providing support for, staff and volunteers across the network who have widely varied levels of skill and comfort with digital media
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, move multiple projects forward, honor commitments, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- A passion for LGBTQ issues in K-12 education
Reports to: Director of Communications
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a letter of interest at https://www.glsen.org/connect/careers.
Please do not email, fax, or mail applications.
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.