About the Organization:
Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than two million supporters, including moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, founded in 2006 by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Boston Mayor Tom Menino, and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded on the day after Newtown. Learn more at www.everytown.org.
About the Position:
Everytown for Gun Safety is hiring an experienced Digital Content Strategy Director in its New York City office to serve as a senior editorial lead and manager for websites, interactives, and social media channels. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience building and analyzing a digital audience for a media, campaign, or advocacy organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team responsible for educating, persuading, and engaging Americans around solutions to gun violence. The Digital Content Strategy Director will report to the Digital Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead digital content strategy across all digital properties, including websites, blogs, and social media
- Manage design, social media, and web content staff, as well as agencies and freelancers
- Establish and report on actionable metrics around organization’s content strategy and target audiences, including reach, retention, and engagement
- Write, edit, and proofread web content and concepts to ensure a consistent design aesthetic and editorial voice across digital properties
- Collaborate with campaigns, policy, legal, and communications teams to maintain a comprehensive digital content calendar
- Lead from conception to deployment all interactive and multimedia products
- Collaborate with department heads regularly on website needs, and develop tools or web solutions to meet those needs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4–6 years of experience managing website, blog, social and/or online advertising for a media organization, campaign, or non-profit; newsroom or digital journalism experience preferred
- Deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience, including, but not limited to, using social media, search, third-party aggregators, e-newsletters, events, and content partnerships
- Proven experience as expert project manager of web design and development
- Exceptional judgment and communication skills
- Ability to write, copy-edit and proofread in rapid response environment
- Ability to transform complex data sets and policy issues into accessible and compelling digital content
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment on a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours
- Proven success in managing staff
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.