Digital Content Manager
With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the Southeast’s foremost environmental organization and regional leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of over 130 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC prides itself on collegiality, teamwork, and mutual respect among its staff and board. We seek to bring these same values to our work in partnership with organizations, communities, and people of all backgrounds that share our mission to protect the environment of the South. The South has a rich natural diversity and an equally rich cultural diversity. To better fulfill its mission, SELC is committed to broadening the diversity of its staff. We believe this will strengthen our organization and our effectiveness in responding to the many environmental challenges affecting the South and its people.
Digital Content Manager
As a Digital Content Manager with SELC, you have the opportunity to be an integral part of the communications team working to educate, engage, and mobilize online audiences on a full range of environmental issues of particular importance to the South – clean air, clean water, energy, forests, coastal protections, and land and community decisions.If you wake up every morning wondering how digital strategies can mobilize people to support environmental issues, we want you.
The Content Manager will play a role in writing everything from social media posts, action emails, newsfeed blogs, and web copy for priority campaigns and ongoing work with an eye toward educating, engaging, and activating various audiences. You will oversee community management, including monitoring and engaging online audiences from supporters to reporters, and outreach to partner groups. You have knowledge of email programs such as MailChimp and Blackbaud Luminate and know how to design an ads campaign in Facebook Ads Manager that engages and grows audiences.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Digital Editor, and it will be based out of the SELC offices in Charlottesville, VA.
Criteria for Consideration
- 2 – 4 years of digital experience, preferably at an advocacy or legal nonprofit.
- Strong writing and comprehension skills. As the voice of the South’s leading environmental organization, you’ll need to be able to package complex legal issues for a range of platforms, moving with ease between long-form blogs, 280 character tweets, and action emails that drive conversions.
- Familiarity with digital platforms and eagerness to learn. In addition to demonstrated experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, you are able to navigate Facebook ads manager and have familiarity with email CRMs (Blackbaud Luminate), advocacy tools (Phone2Action), website content management systems and digital management tools (Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, CMS, etc.).
- Data-driven and results-oriented. You do not take a broadcast approach to digital. You know how to monitor engagement. From likes, comments, and shares to open and click rates, you are looking for opportunities to optimize and expand reach and contribute to ongoing reporting of these functions.
- Project management enthusiast. You understand how a range of digital platforms (web, emails, social, ads, etc.) work together to form a campaign – and you are able to manage communications for multiple campaigns at the same time.
- Highly organized. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You can manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment, all while keeping an eye on your inbox and responding to emails in a timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally and provides an excellent benefits package.
How to apply
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to include examples of past digital work. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Submit applications to: email@example.com
How to Apply