The Digital Content Implementer will effectively, timely and proactively maintain, monitor and execute content through FCA’s digital communication channels including social, email and web.
The Digital Content Implementer should model the FCA Values of Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence in serving the staff, and representing FCA both internally and externally.
- Execute and monitor content across all digital platforms and channels including social, email and web that corresponds with strategic communications and marketing efforts and initiatives.
- Manage social channels through organic content posting, specific campaigns and advertising.
- Daily listening, responding and posting across channels as an FCA brand-ambassador.
- Daily execution of email campaigns, email list segmentation, growth and management.
- Leverage digital advertising through Google AdWords, display ad campaigns and social advertising.
- Assist in web content development and management, including editing and posting new web content on FCA.org and other web properties.
- Develop techniques on ways to build traffic, generate leads and develop audience through social, email and web.
- Responsible for measurement, analytics and reporting, while continually finding ways to improve metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Collaborate with Communications team on content calendars and timelines.
- Work closely with Content Writers and Producers on content development.
- Provide local support, training, best practices and education on communications and marketing efforts regarding digital channels to FCA field staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, advertising or a related field.
- 5+ years minimum related experience.
- Expertise in the digital and social media ecosystems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in digital communications and marketing campaign development, execution, monitoring and reporting.
- Proficient in online monitoring and measurement platforms, analytics tools, tagging and tracking techniques.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related programs.
- Careful attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle shifting priorities and multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a team, prioritizing tasks.
- Previous involvement with FCA in Huddles, Camps, etc. desirable.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite desirable.