ABOUT ZURI GROUP
Zuri Group is a technology consulting company, committed to serving nonprofits. With both strategic and technical services, Zuri Group leverages technology to help nonprofits build strong relationships with their constituents. Our services include software system selection, implementation, business process improvement, database conversion, web design, custom development, email/social media marketing, technical support and training.
Zuri Group prioritizes quality relationships with our clients. We are software agnostic, and not formally affiliated with any software industry vendors. We are committed to innovation and delivering exceptional client work. We value open communication, a diverse workforce, and work-life balance for our staff.
The Project Manager / Consultant has a dual role and may serve in either capacity on Zuri Group projects, as needed. In either capacity, staff is a key member of the project team and will work collaboratively with clients and other Zuri staff to achieve project goals.
The typical goal of Zuri Group projects is to improve client use of industry-leading fundraising software. The project manager / consultant is involved through all phases, including project planning and management, system design and implementation, process documentation, testing, training, output development, and deployment.
Remote opportunities available, or work in our office in Bend, Oregon.
The project manager is the central point of contact for project status. As such, this position is key to maintaining strong, healthy client relationships. Core responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain relationships with nonprofit clients, anticipating needs and responding effectively to problems as they arise
- Manage multiple client projects and initiatives, including website builds, software implementation/upgrades, customizations, and integrations. This includes coordinating Zuri project resources (developers, business analysts) to deliver client projects
- Develop project plans and manage key aspects, including scope, schedule, budget, risk, quality, and customer satisfaction.
The consultant is responsible for learning client requirements proposing solutions, based on best-practice use of technology. This is achieved through improved fundraising strategy, design and development, software configuration, customization, business process redesign, and/or training. Core responsibilities include:
- Identify project requirements and work collaboratively with Zuri’s technical staff to identify solutions.
- Anticipate client needs and propose appropriate business best practices
- Provide expertise in nonprofit management and business process
- Contribute to multiple projects without compromising one for the other
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in SAAS or enterprise software consulting or project management. Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- BS or BA, or equivalent experience
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong listening skills, demonstrated ability to ask effective need-development questions
- Ability to translate complicated technical details to understandable common language
- Organized with the ability to manage complex workflows
- Adaptable to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects, tasks, priorities, and stakeholders.
- Calm under pressure, able to respond to client needs quickly and effectively
- Familiarity with large non-profit or higher education fundraising and business processes a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency with project management and SDLC tools a plus
How to Apply
Zuri is interested in hearing from you. Please send us a cover letter and resume by email and include your days/hours of availability. Apply to Careers@zurigroup.com
Zuri values diversity. Candidates of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.