Digital Communications Specialist
Bell Policy Center
About the Position
The Digital Communications Specialist acts as the social media and digital advertising specialist for the Bell Policy Center (a 501c3 nonprofit) and the Bell Action Network (its 501c4 affiliate). This position will work with the communications team to build a diverse and engaged audience for each organization using digital strategies. This includes posting relevant and strategic content on social media channels, building organization knowledge and presence in new platforms, understanding and reporting metrics, and building digital advertising plans.
This full-time position reports to the Bell Policy Center’s Director of Communications and is shared between the Bell Policy Center and the Bell Action Network, working approximately half-time for each entity.
- Develop a consistent social media presence for Bell Policy and Bell Action, including all organic and paid social media posts and ads, as part of each organization’s larger communication strategy.
- Place ads and track their impact and success on website traffic and engagement through tools like Google Ads Suite and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Build the Bell’s community of supporters and partners through digital efforts, with particular attention to communities of color and other groups facing barriers to economic success.
- Assist the Communications Director and Visual Communications Developer in developing and executing long-term digital content plans.
- Keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape and highlight new ways to use it to reach the Bell’s communications and policy goals.
- Assist with digital branding of all external digital products.
- Minimum two years’ experience in social media management (this can be experience gathered through an employment setting or through informal or volunteer opportunities).
- Experience in current digital advertising tools and a record of successful ad buys.
- Experience in tracking metrics and adapting ad-buying based on results.
- Deep understanding of how to use social media for advocacy and public engagement for a variety of audiences.
- Track record of growing followers through the use of social media and digital communications best practices.
- Ability to think creatively and bring innovative approaches to digital communications for different audiences.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Digital branding experience.
- Basic outreach skills.
- Experience with progressive policymaking and/or social and political activism.
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Salary is set at $50,000 annually. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance (70% paid by the employer); life and disability insurance (100% paid by the employer); a 401k retirement program with a match after three months of service; and a flexible work schedule, in addition to paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and family and medical leave.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short (one paragraph, 200 words or fewer) answer to each of these two questions:
1. Why are you interested in working with the Bell Policy Center?
2. Tell us (briefly) about something you’re really proud of that doesn’t appear on your resume.
Please do not provide information in your answer that reveals your race, gender, age, or other protected class.
Please email these to Julie Pecaut (she/her), Director of Strategy and Operations, at email@example.com. Please include “Digital Communications Specialist” in the subject line of your email. The position is open until filled, although applications received by February 26, 2021 will be considered first.