Digital Communications Manager
The Parkinson’s Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Digital Communications Manager plays an instrumental role in the creation and implementation of the foundation’s digital strategy across channels, with particular emphasis on growing and engaging online audiences. This includes planning, maintenance and accessibility of PF’s website content for Parkinson.org, the leading website for Parkinson’s disease, which receives more than 4.5 million unique visitors annually. This individual is also responsible for publication of content, as well as review of member-generated content and e-mail communication with members to resolve issues. The Digital Communications Manager needs to take initiative to keep the website fresh and remove outdated information, while simultaneously thinking ahead and offering improvements and suggestions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Online Communications in the creation and execution of the foundation-wide digital strategy, web projects and strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a project manager and primary point of contact for online communications vendors, developers and field staff.
- Ensures accurate and optimized content for a seamless user experience that promotes engagement across all PF digital channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to launch and maintain digital campaigns and programs.
- Maintain a focus on testing and optimizing digital strategies to continually achieve and exceed the organization’s online goals, with a special focus on search engine optimization.
- Make data-driven decisions to further develop digital content strategy, identifying areas where content should be created, updated or expanded.
- Use web-based content management systems (Drupal and Convio Luminate Online) to update, create and maintain pages on Parkinson.org.
- Ensure that all content is reviewed, edited and published in a timely manner and according to established design standards and best practices.
- Create and maintain workflows within both manual and automated content management processes.
- Stay abreast of new technologies to maintain a thorough understanding of advancing technology and adoption of new tools and practices in communications and user experience.
- Execute HTML-based messages through Luminate Online, including procuring of lists, approvals from stakeholders and performance analysis.
- Execute email blasts, including procuring of lists, approvals from stakeholders and performance analysis.
- Monitor, analyze and report on web traffic and social media on monthly, annual and as-needed basis.
- Seek ways to improve digital processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required. At least three to five years of experience in online communications, including web publishing and editing, project management and the building of engaged audiences across digital channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to produce original, accessible, error-free digital content.
- Working knowledge of website tools and software, including HTML, Drupal, Luminate Online and Salesforce. Other coding languages a plus.
- Working knowledge of graphic and web design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and conversion tracking, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- This position works with all departments and must therefore be highly collaborative.
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, anticipating quickly changing needs and exercising good judgment.
- Ability to develop and document stored procedures, applications, and reports.
- Ability to clearly articulate status of tasks and projects, and any challenges encountered.
- Ability and commitment to learn about and communicate effectively the foundation’s goals and objectives.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate, “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line. Please specify availability in the cover letter. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.