The Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), the Quaker lobby in Washington, DC, seeks a Digital Communications Manager. This is a full-time, short-term position, with the possibility of a permanent position at the conclusion of the contract, which runs April 1 – September 30.
This person will be responsible for production, tracking, and reporting on FCNL’s email communications and website and managing projects related to digital communications. They will report to the Communications Director.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Create segments for, set up, and test 3-10 emails per week in FCNL’s CRM/email system, ActionKit.
- Manage content on the fcnl.org website, including daily review of home page content, new content posted by other teams, and selection of content to feature. Keep website dynamic, visually interesting, and accurate. Post new content as needed.
- Maintain editorial calendar of all outgoing communications.
- Produce detailed report of website traffic and email responses for 4th quarter reporting (March-June). Produce other reports on digital communications as needed.
- Manage the refresh of FCNL’s Nuclear Calendar web page and email alert, ensuring the existing project plan is completed on time.
- Support development staff in digital fundraising communications around the end of FCNL’s fiscal year (June 30) and as needed at other times.
- In August and September, provide tech support on the website for staff. Ensure timely responses to constituent comments and questions coming in via Freshdesk.
- Train new staff and program assistants on the website and ActionKit.
- As needed, write content for website posting or email distribution and copyedit digital communications products.
Experience and Attributes
- Strong technology skills, including experience with content management systems, online advocacy tools, and analytics. ActionKit, HTML/CSS, Google Analytics experience preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and well-organized. Ability to manage competing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability both to dependably execute routine tasks and to respond quickly to changing circumstances.
- Able to interpret data for a non-technical audience. Tact and facility at communicating with people with varying levels of technology experience and comfort.
- Interest in and curiosity about the range of issues FCNL lobbies on. Alignment with Quaker peace and social justice values.
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from all ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.