Digital Communications and Engagement Director
Center for Action and Contemplation
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative tradition. We believe the wisdom of this tradition and the work of our founder, Fr. Richard Rohr, has the potential to transform our modern society, culture, and politics.
As we grow our impact, our challenge is how to integrate modern marketing tools, strategies, and tactics in a way that deeply aligns with the values and mission of our organization.
Because of that, we are looking for a sophisticated Digital Communications & Engagement Director to help us build a non-traditional customer engagement model that prioritizes transformation over transaction.
In this role, you will lead digital communications efforts and develop innovative marketing plans to expand our base of supporters. You’ll partner closely with the Creative Director to develop and execute campaigns. You’ll build a team and serve as the go-to person for strategic guidance on how to engage constituents with content that best supports their personal growth journeys.
The ideal candidate is an excellent leader with proven experience leading digital communication teams to success. You must have a passion for the data, while allowing creativity, collaboration, and the wisdom of our contemplative tradition to influence decision-making. We’re looking for someone who is eager to build this function from the ground up and create transformative change in the world.
- Conduct audience development and evaluation studies using qualitative and quantitative approaches, develop data and information, and provide recommendations.
- Collect, analyze, develop, and distribute audience data reports.
- Collaborate with program management, creative, and leadership teams to accurately define, grow, and serve CAC’s audience base.
- Determine audience members’ needs to match them with appropriate CAC resources, programs, and/or conferences to help them take steps toward personal growth and transformation.
- Develop and implement suitable strategies, objectives, plans, evaluations, and processes to ensure high level engagement across social media, web, and email.
- Discern how industry best practices can be tailored for CAC’s audience and goals.
- Expand CAC’s reach using new marketing avenues to gain new audience members.
- Lead and mentor team members.
- Provide working-level support and oversight for each team member to identify and remove impediments, create accountability on commitments, and proactively manage risks.
- Assess and manage marketing advertisement performance using key indicators.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in contemplative spirituality and/or human development, and you’re eager to work in a mission-driven organization.
- You’re an expert communicator, delivering clear, concise, and compelling messages both in person and in writing.
- You know how to analyze business and consumer trends and create marketing strategies based on those trends.
- You are strategic, analytical, and creative. You know how to build a metrics-driven marketing strategy and support decision making with data, while collaborating with creative, design, and content team members.
- You can build upon already existing processes and strategies, as well as develop brand new ones to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- You are an excellent leader who can manage yourself, manage others, and build healthy collaborative teams.
- You have a growth mindset, and you’re excited for the opportunity to be both a leader and learner in an organization that values humility and excellence.
- You do not settle for good enough but are driven to continuously improve upon the platforms and processes that you manage.
- You have a highly collaborative approach. You naturally build strong relationships and establish credibility with leaders and employees across the organization.
- You are meticulous, driven by deadlines, and you don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in Marketing, Promotions and/or Analytics.
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience, specializing in Facebook marketing.
- Superior digital marketing experience and understanding.
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, Google Analytics, and AdWords.
- Understanding of UI and UX.
- Must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM.
How to apply
You will be required to submit a resume and cover letter.
How to Apply
Please apply directly to the position on our website. You will be required to submit a resume and cover letter.