The Digital Campaigns Manager, Mobilization will work with the Director of Mobilization to support state mobilization campaigns and develop a digital strategy that leverages email campaigns to recruit new supporters and engage existing supporters in online and offline activism. She/he will also support the overall email program, including online advocacy and fundraising. This position is ideal for people who love creating compelling digital copy, think data hygiene is incredibly important, value activism and geek out on email stats.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Support state email campaign development and implementation (50%)
The Digital Campaigns Manager, Mobilization will help state mobilization managers develop and implement an online strategy to support and bolster in-state advocacy efforts. In addition to working on planning, she/he will also review and edit email copy, set up all state email blasts, including landing pages, ensure the email calendar is up to date, create email campaign templates that state mobilization managers can adjust to their needs, and report on metrics related to campaign performance.
Training and support (20%)
The mobilization manager will be responsible for onboarding new staff into Salsa Engage-CRM, offering advice and tips to state mobilization managers on topics such as event turnout, writing compelling copy, developing integrated campaigns and work with Mobilization Director to train mobilization managers on best practices.
Email program support (30%)
The Digital Campaigns Manager, Mobilization is also responsible for support data hygiene, data imports, and other data maintenance, responding to email inquiries from SCAN supporters, back up for production of emails related to national campaigns (e.g. set up action pages for national campaigns, donation pages, etc.), drafting email copy as needed and other related administrative tasks.
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with email campaigns, including writing and production.
- Excellent writing skills, with an emphasis on writing digital copy that moves people to action
- Strong planning skills, including the development of ambitious production timelines for digital campaigns
- Attention to detail. You’ll notice the missing comma or extra space between sentences.
- Ability to organize and manage several campaigns simultaneously.
- An understanding and appreciation for the power of grassroots organizing at the local, state and federal levels
- Experience using CRMs
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff in offices around the country
- A good sense of humor, nimbleness and the ability to turn each campaign into a learning opportunity to improve our overall program
- Bachelor’s Degree, strongly preferred
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with digital graphics production, in addition to social media engagement
- Grassroots organizing, political and/or and advocacy experience
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children Action Network is the political voice for kids. We believe that every child deserves the best start in life. As the political advocacy arm of Save the Children, we’re building bipartisan will and voter support to make sure every child in the U.S. has access to high-quality early learning and that no mother or child around the globe dies from a preventable disease or illness. By investing in kids and holding leaders accountable, we are helping kids from birth to age five survive and thrive.
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.