Family Equality Council is a national nonprofit whose mission is to advance legal and lived equality for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) families, and for those who wish to form them, through building community, changing hearts and minds, and driving policy change. We envision a future where all LGBTQ families, regardless of creation or composition, live in communities that recognize, respect, protect, and value them. We envision a world in which every LGBTQ person has the right and the opportunity to form and sustain a loving family, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, geography, socioeconomic status, disability, or the intersection of those characteristics. Finally, we envision systems of service and support that are free of discrimination and that maximize opportunities for LGBTQ youth needing permanency and LGBTQ adults seeking family formation through adoption, foster care, assisted reproductive technology or other means.
Family Equality Council is seeking a full-time Digital Campaigns Manager to join the Communication Department. The Digital Campaigns Manager is a crucial position, and we’re looking for someone who can design and implement digital campaigns that reach out and grab people, convincing them to take action to support the cause of lived and legal equality for LGBTQ families. Audiences range from elected officials in DC and in statehouses across the country, to our growing base of supporters, and the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to write concise, compelling copy, have experience producing and editing video, have digital organizing experience, and bring a strong commitment to improving the lives of LGBTQ families across the country.
The need to change the hearts and minds is central to Family Equality Council’s work. The Digital Campaigns Manger will be an energetic, creative individual who will remain focused on changing hearts and minds of policy-makers and the American public at large, translating Family Equality Council’s programmatic and policy work into action alerts and engaging content – especially video – across a range of digital platforms. We are looking for someone who can work with staff across our team to match the persuasive messages with the right platforms to produce high-impact campaigns that position Family Equality Council as the leader in advocacy for LGBTQ families.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Campaigns Manger will lead the implementation of campaigns that include website, email, social media, and video content. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with very strong writing skills who we can rely on to produce high-quality digital content quickly. The right candidate will demonstrate an ability to multitask, set priorities in a fast-paced environment, and have creative ideas for the digital space, as well as an interest in policy issues and awareness of the challenges facing the LGBTQ community
- Develop and deploy written content for webpages, email communications, and social media
- Manage story collection projections, editing and producing video for online distribution
- Produce social media graphics, banners, and other assets
- Write blog posts and email newsletter copy
- Plan and schedule communications campaigns, including creating and scheduling emails, social media posts
- Develop campaign landing pages for the Family Equality Council website
- Manage third-party tools used to create action alerts, landing pages, etc.
- Assist in the management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Use analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Facebook Insight, etc., to monitor campaign effectiveness against goals
- Assist in management of interns and volunteers working on communication projects
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in video editing and production (ideally Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects)
- At least two years’ experience in digital communications, ideally in a nonprofit context
- Ability to translate complex ideas and policy issues into accessible and compelling digital content
- Experience managing and moderating social media channels
- Experience producing graphics for the web or social media (Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop preferred)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work from a home office with high-speed internet and reliable phone service
Additional Skills (Preferred):
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Slack, or similar remote team collaboration tools
- Experience with sophisticated audience segmentation and targeting, in political, non-profit, and/or corporate context