Digital Campaign Strategist
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You are an experienced online campaign strategist with a knack for creative storytelling and an unrelenting drive to take projects from vision through execution.
You know how to communicate with a wide range of audiences, from designers to campaign managers to reporters to millennial voters. Perhaps more importantly, you know when to communicate with them and how to get it done: you can look at a campaign plan and tell the team what is missing from the digital strategy; you know when to get on a call to hash something out, when to send it to a partner to review, and when to just get it done.
You demonstrate personal accountability in your job performance, and you’re able to move quickly and capably between a wide range of responsibilities. You live for winning campaigns and you’re willing to think outside the box to get things done. You’re adept at anticipating needs, comfortable taking initiative and direction, and are an effective problem solver and communicator.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Digital Campaign Strategist will be part of the Campaign Accelerator team, on a mission to supercharge the cross-partisan American democracy movement by providing multi-state, multi-issue services to the most promising campaigns across the country.
Under the direction of the Digital Director, the Digital Campaign Strategist is responsible for developing and leading all digital aspects of multiple key campaigns supported by RepresentUs within a multidisciplinary team. This includes such things as developing a campaign narrative, channel strategy, and messaging tests for target audiences, launching paid advertising campaigns, leading the development of creative for release on social media channels, fundraising campaigns, and more. This role may be servicing 3-4 campaigns at any given time. Responsibilities include:
- Advising campaigns and internal staff to identify the digital goals and needs of each campaign
- Creating a digital campaign plan and executing on it, including messaging points, campaign timeline, testing plans, and reporting
- Leading brainstorms with internal or external campaign teams to incorporate creative ideas into campaign planning process
- Designing the email and social calendar, drafting campaign content, and working with staff to publish and schedule messaging
- Providing direction to designers, writers, and video editors for creative assets, and working closely with them to make sure all creative assets are top-quality, on-brand, and eye-catching to your target audiences
- Liaising with appropriate campaign staff to ensure digital strategies have buy-in from all relevant stakeholders
- Advising campaigns and vendors on a paid advertising budget and strategy to meet the campaign’s goals, including defining target audiences, campaign creative, testing plans, etc.
- Developing a smart testing strategy and proper tracking for each campaign
- Leading reporting for digital tactics to capture feedback and ideas for improvement
- Advanced digital strategy for an electoral or ballot campaign required
- Excellent project management, delegation, and communication skills
- Fantastic writing for a wide variety of online media: email, blog, web copy, video, social media, and more
- Superb ability to understand the language of a wide variety of people and translate them into online content, actions, and beautiful web projects
- Creative problem-solving and ability to persevere
- Results-driven from a metrics and campaign success perspective
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Knowledge of A/B test design and analysis
- Ability to design a long-term narrative arc and develop creative messaging that inspires supporters to take action to support the campaign
- Able to excel while working independently and as a team; has a demonstrated strong personal work ethic
- Advanced knowledge of CRMs and other digital tools, and a willingness to jump in and learn new ones that will benefit the organization
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
This position can telecommute from Massachusetts, California, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, New York, or North Carolina. The annual salary range for the Digital Strategist position varies by location. Example ranges: $60-$75K in Northampton, MA, $75-$90K in San Francisco, CA.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job at https://jobs.lever.co/representus/2894110a-6329-4b27-bbaa-9f73eb4c38dc/apply
No phone calls please.