Digital and Social Media Lead
VOW to End Child Marriage
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in 2018, VOW to End Child Marriage is an innovative social change initiative that puts the power of the global wedding industry behind the worldwide movement to end child marriage. Every year, 12 million girls are married before the age of 18. VOW believes that every girl has the right to a safe, healthy future, including the right to choose if, when and whom to marry.
VOW invites engaged couples, their guests, and the wider public to make a difference for girls across the world. At the heart of our approach are partnerships with iconic wedding brands – including Crate and Barrel, The Knot, The Peninsula Hotels, and others – that are engaging their customers in funding efforts to end child marriage. The idea is simple: When a couple says ‘I DO,’ we can all help girls at risk of child marriage to say ‘I DON’T’.
Headquartered in New York City, VOW is seeking its first Digital and Social Media Lead to drive the expansion of VOW’s digital infrastructure. We aspire to be a digital-first nonprofit that is using all available tools to accomplish our mission. You’ll help us achieve that vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become the strategic lead for VOW’s digital platforms, overseeing tools, content, and evolution of the platforms in line with VOW’s growth strategy.
- Oversee VOW’s social media channels, leading the strategy to reach wedding professionals along with engaged couples and their friends and family. Manage development, evolution, and implementation of VOW’s social media program.
- Direct the VOW email program, overseeing audience growth and content development.
- Identify and execute digital opportunities to inspire couples to fundraise for VOW online as they experience the wedding lifecycle.
- Develop digital toolkits for VOW supporters, equipping them to raise funds and awareness about this initiative.
- Oversee and grow VOW fundraising on third-party platforms (Facebook, CrowdRise, Amazon Smile, etc.) as well as vendors managing VOW’s Google Grants program and SEO / organic search.
- Advise and support VOW brand partners on how to best integrate the cause into their websites and social platforms.
- Analyze email, digital and social metrics, sharing results, and adjusting strategies based on learnings; implement tools that enable third-party tracking and analytics.
- Manage the VOW website, evolving the site with updates of content and design.
- You have at least 5 years of experience building and managing aspects of a digital communications and/or marketing program in a corporate, agency, or non-profit environment.
- You’re digitally savvy – you see the power of digital tools to build relationships and raise funds. You actively follow social media trends and love being online.
- You have demonstrated experience in building and optimizing digital campaigns – incorporating email, social media, organic and paid media, online content, and SMS – that successfully engage audiences.
- You know how to grow an audience through engaging content and storytelling. You understand how successful digital campaigns are a powerful combination of messages, tools, marketing, and user experience. You know the principles behind good user experience and apply these to actionable strategies.
- You’re an incredible communicator. You have outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills and an ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a wide array of individuals in person and by writing and phone.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from a startup to a global philanthropic initiative. You thrive in fast-paced, ambitious environments. You work hard and you have fun while you do it.
- You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate personal integrity and dedication.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter, including a short summary of your impressions of VOW’s current digital platforms. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Send your application by August 14, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VOW Digital and Social Media Lead.”