Design and Web Manager
Partnership for Public Service
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion, and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Partnership for Public Service is seeking a Design and Web Manager who will support the organization’s efforts to communicate ideas and information to key stakeholders and target audiences through art, imagery and design strategy. This position will lead the design efforts for all the Partnership’s digital and print projects, including seven websites, research reports, marketing collateral, campaign graphics, data visualizations and infographics, presentations and video graphics. The Design and Web Manager will also maintain the brand image of the Partnership across all departments and mediums including collateral, digital marketing, websites, and publications.
The Design and Web Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of graphic design, marketing, editorial, social media, media, and events staff, and as a result, should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This person will also work closely with other Partnership teams and outside vendors and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and executes beautiful and engaging graphic design concepts while maintaining a consistent visual identity.
- Manages the creation and production of materials, including marketing collateral, annual reports, research reports, campaign graphics, and data visualizations and infographics.
- Researches and secures appropriate imagery and other graphic elements to enhance design projects and complement messaging and content.
- Acts as a brand gatekeeper. Monitors the consistency and quality of the Partnership brand and style across all departments and mediums.
- Manages and produces the Partnership’s family of seven websites using a content management system, refines the user experience and visual identity of these sites, and directs and contributes to the design and development of all site enhancements.
- Oversees tracking of web analytics and implementation of search engine optimization and other tools to drive web audience growth.
- Thinks proactively about tools, resources, and strategies that can elevate the Partnership brand and help the organization reach its target audiences.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends and applications in design.
- Highly sophisticated aesthetic with significant experience in layout design, typography, infographics, data visualization and vector illustration.
- Strong web design and front-end development skills.
- Strong knowledge of effective digital design strategies for social media platforms and email marketing.
- Ability to think editorially and narratively and to transform complicated ideas into high-impact, visually driven and brand-appropriate materials.
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and concern for quality throughout the design and production process.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates an interest in the mission of the Partnership for Public Service.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in design, fine arts or similar field or equivalent professional work experience.
- Five to eight years’ professional experience in graphic design. In-house and nonprofit experience a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience highly desired.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience working with content management systems and customer relationship management tools such as WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Familiarity with web databases and hosting platforms preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Vice President of Communications. The position will supervise an Associate Design Manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC, and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as a computer, telephone, printer, and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities required.
If travel occurs, it is usually local and during the business day.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and subsidized use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration, and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://ourpublicservice.org/careers/.