Deeper Learning Design Specialist
New Tech Network
New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments). We strive to build and sustain a diverse, multicultural, equitable community internally and with our external partners
The Innovation Research and Learning (ILR) department supports NTN in content innovation, ongoing learning, continuous improvement, and research by incubating and testing ideas that lead to improved and equitable outcomes for students, especially those farthest from opportunity. As a member of ILR’s Design team, the Deeper Learning Specialist is responsible for developing content and services for schools implementing and sustaining the New Tech model. This role will focus on creating and adapting content based on the challenges and opportunities presented by implementing the New Tech model, including the designing and testing of approaches for onboarding, launching, and supporting schools. This role is a full time position for the duration of the project (2 years), starting August 1, 2021, with the possibility to extend based on content development and design needs.
LOCATION: Remote, with up to 20% travel (Travel currently paused due to COVID-19)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of New Product Design & Senior Director of Content Design
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and test New Tech model implementation approaches and content for schools using the Liberatory Design Process
- Conduct empathy interviews and focus groups with product stakeholders, analyzing observations to identify and inform development priorities
- Prototype and test new services and content aligned to key development priorities
- Collect feedback from schools and internal stakeholders on prototypes
- Regularly engage in ongoing learning about school transformation and equity-based practices
- Collaborate with team members to codify customized service offerings for schools and complete project deliverables in a timely manner
- Coordinate closely with other departments and teams to ensure alignment of content with other products and services across the organization
- Other duties related to product and content development and design as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expertise in developing engaging, learner-centered professional development content and experiences for school leaders and staff
- Strong interest in learning and leveraging equity-based design processes
- Knowledge and experience designing content for adult learners
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience interviewing stakeholders and synthesizing information into actionable next steps for content design and development
- Experience with project-based learning (PBL) and/or Deeper Learning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- An ability to work both independently and as an effective member of teams
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Strong interest in accelerating transformation in public schools, disrupting educational inequities, and supporting educators in creating deep, meaningful, and affirming learning environments for all students
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time (Travel currently paused due to COVID-19)
- Experience with project-based learning (PBL) and Deeper Learning
- Experience planning and delivering professional development content and experiences for school leaders and staff
- Experience working with or at a large comprehensive secondary school and supporting school transformation
- Familiarity with Liberatory Design Process a plus
- Leadership development experience a plus
- School leadership experience a plus
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
How to Apply
We are excited to share a new opening for a Deeper Learning Design Specialist role! Please find a detailed job description and instructions on how to apply for the role.