Database Systems Administrator and Project Manager
American Composites Manufacturers Association - ACMA
Membership Services is part of the Department of Membership, Marketing, and Communication and is responsible for managing the association database, learning management system, digital assets and supporting membership, program, events and accounting teams to ensure a quality membership experience and program delivery.
As the Database Systems Administrator and Project Manager you will be responsible for leading and implementing the ongoing development and support of our Association Management System platform (Nimble AMS), the Learning Management System (Crowd Wisdom) and integrating key digital tools and modernizing the association processes. You will assist the appropriate departments (e.g. events, education sales, accounting) with developing and managing data management processes within these systems. You will be responsible for the configuration support and improvement of the AMS environment in our association. You will also serve as ACMA’s data czar and project manager for a variety of projects to enhance ACMA’s systems, communication tools, and websites. You will lead an internal group of database users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as the technical lead of our AMS and LMS, be a champion of the system, and serve as a trainer and advocate for ACMA staff.
• Be the primary knowledge expert for ACMA’s AMS and LMS, and provide end-user support, including problem diagnosis, correction, and documentation. Field requests from end users for database needs and enhancements.
• Responsible for the daily administration and support of the database.
• Troubleshoot and maintain the integrity of data in the AMS, including creating new fields, setting up process flows, SQL stored procedures and triggers.
• Evaluate current database processes and recommend changes that improve efficiency and use the capabilities of the AMS to serve business needs.
• Assist staff as needed in setting up testing and processing event registrations, membership renewals and other industry related resources and products.
• Establish and document standard operating protocols (SOPs) and business processes for data maintenance and governance.
• Lead internal group of database users. Supervises other staff, consultants, and temporary help on data entry or database development projects as needed.
• Manage projects associated with ACMA’s systems (AMS & LMS), ACMA’s websites or other digital communication tools for the association.
• Manage database upgrades, 3rd party integrations and other database-related projects.
• Train staff on how to use various content management systems, email delivery platforms as well as how to ensure proper SEO implementation.
• Work to define clear goals and implement appropriate tracking to monitor performance that will allow ACMA to make data driven decisions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expertise in AMS/CRM systems platforms.
• Expertise in transfer/migration of data between AMS/CRM systems.
• Practical knowledge of:
o SQL and relational databases
o Reporting and dashboarding tools
o Data modeling tools
o Master data management tools
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS/PHP/Python
• Knowledge of WordPress CMS
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
• Knowledge of Google Adwords
• Knowledge of methods to clean data
• 3 years of administrator experience with Salesforce, using Salesforce customizations and automation features.
• Salesforce Administrator certification is a plus.
• Project Management certification is a plus.
• Experience with Nimble AMS, Crowd Wisdom, NetForum or other similar databases is a plus.
• Interest in or experience with a membership association or non-profit organization.
How to Apply