Data Systems Analyst
The Data Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting strategic data initiatives and optimizing data practices across various teams in the organization. This role is responsible for collecting and analyzing data to inform strategies for the organization and will focus on enhancing data integrity, governance, and architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Extracts, cleans, transforms & QAs data from various VC databases (e.g. Hyperion databases) using SQL, SAS, Python or other programming tools (SQL preferred) to improve overall data architecture, governance and integrity. Leverages an understanding of the data model to identify opportunities to improve data architecture.
- Conducts analytical projects, from defining data needed through gathering, analyzing, reporting, and presenting information, in order to answer strategic and tactical questions supporting organizational and the Research & Strategy Group’s initiatives.
- Engages in thoughtful analytical design to carry out and execute on the strategic data project. Identifies and develops objectives, methodology, action plan, and success measures. Analyzes data system, identifies and recommends solutions to data storage and access challenges
- Develops a deep knowledge of reports through data exploration and quality control to ensure data integrity across the organization. Recommends and collaborates with peers to develop quality control processes that ensure the integrity of data. Leverages knowledge of a programming language (SQL preferred) to access and work within databases.
- Consults with key stakeholders to fully understand how data is being used and implemented in decision-making across the organization, and makes recommendations to improve processes and enhance quality. Partners with key stakeholders and develops presentations, formal briefings, and reports to address stakeholder needs
- Studies client data proactively to discover and raise for review key operational and behavioral trends to inform data strategy.
- Develops and maintains standard reports on a regular basis to align with strategic initiatives and support leadership decisions.
- Implements data improvement initiatives to increase access and expand data sources, enabling the organization to gain new insights and quickly make critical decisions while ensuring proper data governance and data integrity.
- Leads/participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in analytically oriented major, such as economics, statistics, marketing research, or an applied social science strongly preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years of analytical experience with proven data analysis skills.
- Experience working with databases, including knowledge of at least one programming language (SQL a plus).
- Strong experience using analytical tools, such as SAS, R Studio, or Python.
- Strong Excel and/or Access database skills in order to manipulate data and develop presentations.
- Experience working with Tableau or other data visualization tools a plus.
- Leverages strong critical thinking and collaboration skills to determine how to approach and solve problems in a team environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication capabilities for purposes of presenting data/findings.
- Superior testing and quality control skills and attitude. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Work independently; work collegially with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision.
- Broad knowledge of the charitable industry, knowledge of donor-advised funds a plus.
Vanguard Charitable does not offer employment-based sponsorship. Employment is contingent on a background check, reference check and successful drug-screening.
How To Apply
How to Apply