Data Strategy Senior Manager
Repair the World
Are you a curious and humble strategist who can ensure that decisions are made smarter and teamwork is made more effective through robust Salesforce use? Do you enjoy grappling with the technical pieces of Salesforce while also thinking strategically about improvements to our CRM system? Repair the World is seeking a full-time Salesforce Administrator to lead our Salesforce strategy as a Data Strategy Senior Manager, while maintaining our everyday data and reporting needs. In collaboration with our Data Associate and Salesforce consultants, this position will have the opportunity to drive and improve Salesforce use forward throughout the organization and ensure a strong data-informed culture, leading with a “customer service” mindset with our staff and full-time fellows. This role will draw on your knowledge of effective organizational collaboration, combined with robust technological platforms and people-centered processes and training.
This position is on Repair’s national team, reports to the Senior Director of Digital Strategy, and will ideally be located in one of Repair’s communities (Atlanta, Baltimore, Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Pittsburgh).
Strategy & Growth
- Manage robust strategy that continuously moves Repair the World to be a more data-driven organization through strategic goals built in partnership with Repair’s Strategy Leadership Team.
- Report quarterly on participant numbers, acts of service and learning (our metric to measure the depth and breadth of our work), and engagement, building clear communication around our data at an organization-wide level.
- Build out responsive and forward-thinking Salesforce reports and dashboards in partnership with the team, enabling our team to have seamless access to the data they need, in a digestible and powerful format across programming and fundraising.
- Develop evaluation forms and data collection processes; combine quantitative and qualitative data in quarterly and annual reports to demonstrate Repair’s impact and growth, including external evaluation efforts incorporating.
- Partner effectively with our teams to build and increase their data and storytelling muscles.
Data Analysis and Administration
- Strengthen our data culture – wear a “knowledge management hat” in staff meetings – bring data/processes to the table at all times, and coach colleagues on bringing data and smart knowledge management processes to each new initiative.
- Be the point person for all data collection processes – integrate Salesforce with third-party tools, including email marketing tools, online forms, and payment processors.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of Salesforce, while communicating key strategic elements to our staff and fellows.
- Analyze and compile findings from reporting and evaluations, sharing high-level insights with our executive team, board, funders, staff, and fellows.
Ongoing Support and Training
- Partner with the Data Associate to strategize and plan frequent training sessions to empower our staff and fellows within Salesforce.
- Proactively create, maintain, and upgrade user documentation for staff and fellows including best practices, user guides, and general tips and tricks.
- Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance.
- Create online forms (through FormAssembly) which connect directly to Salesforce, and make sure that any time someone is collecting data, that process matches our Salesforce configuration and requirements.
- Keep up to date on and plan for new features in Salesforce, FormAssembly, and Salesforce apps, and provide ongoing training as Salesforce implements new features.
- Serve as Repair’s liaison to our Salesforce consultants’ OpenTent.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of Salesforce experience in nonprofits
- Formal certifications like Salesforce Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, App Builder, etc. are preferred, but not required
- Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Ability to translate technical jargon- verbally, in writing, and through presentation – into colloquial language
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Passion for Repair the World’s mission and organizational values that guide our work with the frame of repairing the world (Tikkun Olam) leading to the pursuit of justice (Tzedek)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here.