Data Solutions Manager
Save the Redwoods League
Are you inspired by the beauty of our natural world? Perhaps you love data technology and never imagined you could combine the two passions. Well, you can! Join our dynamic development team as the Data Solutions Manager to oversee the League’s donor information systems and development department operations functions, including database management, reporting, and gift administration.
The ideal Data Solutions Manager candidate is energetic, focused, and strategic, and has both a keen understanding of how vital data systems and seamless integration are to effective fund development and a strong track record of analyzing systems to improve processes for efficiency.
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods.
Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Managing the Constituent Database and Related Systems:
- Ensures the design, implementation, integrity and maintenance of the League’s donor databases (Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Wealth Engine, etc.) are highly developed, operational and optimized; maintains existing database software; collaborates with IT support and/or vendors on technical problems; researches, recommends and coordinates installation of database software upgrades, backups and enhancements
- Creates advanced data management systems using all available functionality for categorizing and differentiating records/data to enable sophisticated analysis, evaluation, solicitation approaches, invitations and overall inclusion in League activities
- Manages and recommends enhancements to projects: RE-LO integration, periodic software upgrades, data mining projects
- Maintains the integrity of records by supervising security profiles, internal permissions and changes made to existing data
- Oversees and develops documentation of database protocols and coding procedures
- Serves as a main contact to technology vendors for existing and potential future products
- Manages the identification and engagement of new technologies and new vendors, contract negotiation and implementation of new software and systems
- Coordinates sub-teams of staff to ensure that new initiatives are compliant with existing systems – identifies internal and external partners; collects input from multiple projects or applications; verifies that the League maintains a complete view of data
Gift Entry and Acknowledgement:
- Supports systems for accurate gift entry, gift acknowledgments, and donor stewardship
- Works with the Finance department; audits donor records for accuracy and donor restrictions; manages refunds and other adjustments
- Ensures all donor interactions are of the highest quality
- Engages with donors who make gifts through stock transfers, donor-advised funds, and other methods
- Acts as a data solutions subject matter expert
- Provides strong collaboration and partnership within the organization and with vendors to identify and resolve problems
- Strategizes with key managers/directors to code and identify donor groups for mailings; designs and runs exports to create data files for transmission to the direct mail vendors
- Collaborates with fundraising members; ensures alignment between list selection, content of solicitation materials, following donor intent, tracking, goals, and feedback
- Collaborates with the Chief Communications Officer and the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications; provides appropriate and accurate mailing lists and email lists for publications/outreach
- Works with fundraisers to utilize Word, Excel, and other software to design and produce reports, office forms, personalized acknowledgment letters, and report templates
- Utilizes an understanding of the organization to translate project requirements into system requirements
- Manages and/or supports all reporting and analysis of daily, monthly, and yearly reports for accounting and development departments from all databases
- Oversees and provides Raiser’s Edge training to all staff, interns, volunteers, and temporary staff
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in database administration, computer science, information systems or related field
- Committed to the mission of Save the Redwoods League
- Advanced level of expertise in database management and administration, preferably using Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports; advanced query, report, and data management ability
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in prospect research and data analysis preferred; knowledge of procedures related to identifying and rating donor prospects
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information gathered from varied sources
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, establish and monitor priorities, remain flexible, meet deadlines, and have fun
- Highly skilled with MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Regularly sits or stands at a desk or computer workstation; moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues
- Occasionally lifts, carries, moves, and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi- or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and your salary expectations to: jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org with the subject heading “Data Solutions Manager”.
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. THANK YOU!