The Data and Technology Manager is responsible for the overall administration and support for the CiviCRM Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system and its integration with the Drupal website platform. A successful integration between Drupal and CiviCRM is critical to the effectiveness of Prizmah’s membership systems and networking platforms, its finance and operations, and its ability to communicate with target audiences. The successful candidate is not a data-entry professional and is not necessarily a technologist, but a person:
• With a good understanding how a CRM should and can be utilized across the organization.
• Who has skills using online technology and has the curiosity and expertise to learn CiviCRM and participate in the CiviCRM community.
• Who wants to be a go-to person for the users. The candidate should be an advocate for the CiviCRM within the organization and help to appropriately expand its use.
• Who takes data quality seriously and works to maintain a clean and unfettered database.
• Who thinks strategically about the use of technology to advance organizational goals
• Works with the entire organization as a champion and trainer to ensure CiviCRM is understood by new and existing users and help the system to grow and evolve
• Work with outsourced developers on Civi enhancements, integration with other data channels, web services, and testing
• Maintain the Civi database infrastructure including installation of periodic updates and extensions
• Participate in the continuous efforts to improve and enhance performance and functionality of the CRM platform
• Manage the updates and maintains policies and procedure for database manual, as well as provide continuous training and education to users in order to improve the processes for inputting and overall database efficiency
• Manage and maintain queries and smart group creation, reporting requests and/or data extracts for individual users or departments
• Troubleshoot and provide technical support in resolving operational issues
• Work with departments in the planning and implementation of database updates, database changes and all other outside system that integrate with Civi
• Manage quality assurance (QA) process to ensure new records are following the style guide and have correct information
• Manage the technology platforms that support Prizmah’s online communities of practice and collaboration tools
• Oversees the technical implementation of membership processes and their seamless integration with the Prizmah CiviCRM database and Drupal website to ensure a positive user experience
• Ensure that the Civi and Drupal integration functions for payment processes, event registration, applications and other online forms and tools.
• Project-manage relationships with external technology vendors to ensure Prizmah’s requirements are implemented in appropriate ways
Data Collection and Analysis:
• Work with the Director of Research, Data and Knowledge Management to define Prizmah’s data collection strategy both internal and from stakeholder constituents
• Customize CiviCRM appropriately to enable the necessary data collection and analysis
• Work with external data analysis vendors to configure data tools for Prizmah member needs
• Assist Prizmah member schools in data entry and data reporting
• Proven customer service orientation combined with the ability to work well with others, in the office and out.
• Creativity, initiative, excitement about the possibilities of the CRM.
• Strong knowledge of CRMs a must (any relevant CRM experience including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP etc. is important; bonus if candidate has experience with CiviCRM)
• Strong spreadsheet skills
• Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand user requests and translate them into technical requirements
• Ability to work with people of varying technical skills
• Previous experience in an end-user technical support role.
• Quick, analytic thinker.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
• Drupal/WordPress CMS experience necessary
• Any background with PHP, CSS, HTML, or query writing in ACCESS would be helpful.