Data and Systems Coordinator
Reach Out and Read
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Business Systems, the Data and Systems Coordinator is an integral part of the Operations team at the National Office of Reach Out and Read. The Data and Systems Coordinator is highly skilled both technically and interpersonally – someone who can navigate data with complex logic and create data stories that best describe our impact while also communicating with all stakeholders clearly and effectively. It is the task of the Data and Systems Coordinator to find out what problems and questions stakeholders are trying to solve when data requests are made and provide honest data to answer their queries. The Data and Systems Coordinator effectively balances compassion for the stakeholders’ requests while standing strong to protect the truth that our data provides. The Data and Systems Coordinator also uses compassion to best assist a wide variety of users with technology requests (hardware and software). The Data and Systems Coordinator must be skilled in collaborative project management processes and providing operational support to a wide variety of users.
Database Administration (40%)
- In coordination with the Director of Operations and Business Systems, assist in managing database upgrades, permission and role setting, manual data entry, and data upkeep for the national program’s database.
- In accordance with the Director of Operations and Business Systems, develop and execute an ongoing training plan for users of the program database, including 1:1 and group training in conjunction with manual documentation.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques to troubleshoot requests as they come in from sites and regional leadership.
- Create and upkeep documentation of business logic of the program’s database, a custom CRM application.
- Assist with strategic prospecting data analysis as we work to sustainably expand the program across the nation.
Data Analysis (40%)
- In coordination with the Director of Operations and Business Systems, prepare reports and analyze data as requests are made and at specific multi-annual intervals as dictated by reporting standards with specific mindfulness toward supporting our Corporations and Foundations team in writing reports for HQ and Affiliates.
- In coordination with the Director of Operations and Business Systems, oversee the preparation of reports, data stories, and data interpretation for the Reach Out and Read network.
Project Management Support (20%)
- Collaborate with and support the Director of Operations and Business Systems in project management-related functions related to IT and planned improvements of the custom program database. This may include documentation of projects, meeting preparation, and acting as a proxy when needed.
Qualifications and Experience
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in CRM database management
- High Level of Proficiency in Excel; experience with data visualization/graphics software is a plus.
- Experience working with video conferencing software
- Ability to think big and provide insight and data-backed analysis of concepts
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent worker who functions effectively in a “virtual” work environment, while being an enthusiastic, collaborative team member committed to shared success
- Must have the willingness to offer solutions or troubleshoot as issues arise
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and handle multiple, daily priorities
- Proactive attitude, out of the box thinking, sense of humor, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management, both in-person and virtually
- Enthusiastic team player and collaborator
- Belief in the power of diversity and excitement for working in a diverse culture and on diverse teams
This is a 40 hour/week, exempt position, with a flexible location. The national center for ROR, Inc. is located in Boston, MA and there are affiliate locations across the country, some of which are directly a part of ROR, Inc. It is preferred that this position be co-located with one of those ROR, Inc. states (WA, OR, OK, WI, GA, NC, SC, VA, DC, MA, CT, NH, VT, NY, NJ) for opportunities to engage in person with other colleagues and teams. The intended start date is July 6th, 2021. Compensation and Benefits Salary will be competitive with similar roles at non-profit organizations of comparable size, and you will also receive a robust benefits package. The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience. ROR offers medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, paid vacation, and more.
——————————EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER——————————
Reach Out and Read is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status. Reach Out and Read is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team. If specific accommodations are needed, please notify email@example.com and we will work to accommodate your needs.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume, with the subject line “Data and Systems Coordinator Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.