Campbell & Company
Campbell & Company is a national consulting firm that serves nonprofit organizations and institutions in all sectors, including education, environment, healthcare, human services, arts and culture, associations and membership organizations, and civic and public affairs. The firm is based in Chicago and Seattle with regional staff in Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC. Our team-based approach enhances our work and is built into our company’s structure as a 100 percent employee-owned firm.
We work with organizations at critical points in their growth and development, when our expertise and partnership can have a powerful impact. We have four primary service lines: fundraising, communications, executive search, and strategic information services. Our culture of innovation fueled the development of Campbell & Company’s first software as a service product, Beam Insights, which aims to address advances in technology to support fundraising. We strive to work in multi-service teams to provide the right balance of expertise, experience, and seniority for each client.
From determining philanthropic potential and identifying the prospects who will help realize it – to providing the tools needed to manage relationships and effectively leverage the power of our clients’ resources – the Strategic Information Services (SIS) Division of Campbell & Company puts data to work. As the division expands and increasingly becomes an integral part of each client engagement, there is a need to add a Data Analyst focused on predictive analytics.
This individual will create custom models and conduct analyses that are fundamental to our rigorous study projects. The Data Analyst will collaborate with Campbell & Company colleagues to provide analysis and reports to inform results, insights, and actionable recommendations presented to our clients. In addition to providing expertise surrounding analytics services, this person will support surveys and prospect screening tools.
Under the direction of Campbell & Company’s Director of Strategic Information Services, the Data Analyst will serve firm clients from the Chicago office.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and present data-driven insights to key stakeholders to inform recommendations.
- Build strong, trusting partnerships with internal clients.
- Create and deliver new and refine existing analytics and prospect research offerings.
- With oversight from the Director of Strategic Information Services, manage projects independently and oversee the end-to-end process for analytics projects.
Thought Leadership and Training
- Conduct research on trends in the field, and partner with colleagues and firm members to present more broadly through thought leadership activities including blog posts, articles, webinars, or at conferences.
- Provide active learning opportunities for the firm and train internal staff on relevant material relating to analytics services.
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission, and are highly motivated to change lives through meaningful work. The successful candidate will bring the following experience and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, econometrics, or a similar course of study is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience conducting sophisticated analyses, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Expertise with complex, high-quality data analysis techniques, including data mining, regression analysis and forecasting.
- Expertise in R statistical software and advanced Microsoft Excel functions.
- Experience using database visualization packages, dashboards and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience with wealth screening tools and conducting online surveys is preferred.
- Comfort in an environment that requires high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High personal and professional integrity that inspires confidence and trust.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality services to colleagues and to clients.
- High initiative, energy and ability to be effective independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission, and are highly motivated to change lives through meaningful work. The successful candidate will bring minimum of two years of experience conducting sophisticated analyses, preferably in the nonprofit sector; expertise with complex, high quality data analysis techniques, including data mining, regression analysis and forecasting; and expertise in R statistical software and advanced Microsoft Excel functions. In addition, commitment to delivering high-quality services to colleagues and to clients, along with high initiative, energy, and ability to be effective independently and as part of a team. A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, econometrics, or a similar course of study is required; an advanced degree is preferred. The full position overview can be found here: Analyst Position Guide.
How to Apply
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.