The data analyst will be part of HOPE’s data analytics team. In this role, the data analyst will use statistics knowledge along with R or Python capabilities to analyze HOPE operational and monitoring & evaluation data to provide insights into key data trends. The data analyst will utilize Power BI to complete this work in collaboration with other data analytics team members.
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
Data Analysis and Consultation to Global Network of Programs
- Leverage data analytics best practices, R or Python knowledge and business intelligence tools to conduct thorough analyses of complex data from field programs across the globe; extract important insights and clearly communicate key findings to HOPE leadership
- Support HOPE’s Listening, Monitoring & Evaluation team with statistical analyses of field evaluation / survey results and operational data
- Clearly communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences across HOPE
- Develop dashboards using statistical analyses from field-level portfolio data for HOPE International’s Microfinance and Savings Group teams to achieve strategic plan goals for automated operational reporting
- Leverage predictive analytics techniques to assist HOPE in improving credit scoring methodology and other forecasting areas of interest
- Consult with other HOPE departments such as the Finance, Internal Audit, Marketing and Development teams in the development and implementation of new analytical tools and dashboards
- Document and help standardize how HOPE performs comparative data analysis; suggest improvements in tools and techniques
- Distill and present significant findings on each country dataset for which analysis is completed
Technology Team Analysis and Support
- Work with leaders to prioritize technical assistance challenges and generate creative solutions
- Work collaboratively with the data applications team as needed for the development of company and team data warehouses, potentially including application research, project management support, development of reporting tools, and quality assurance monitoring.
- Manage relationships within interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams including internal IT, technical assistance, finance, field program staff, and external entities, such as vendors, consultants and partner organizations.
Perform other data analytics and technical assistance functions as necessary, including responding to information requests from other departments, leadership and external stakeholders
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, data analytics or related field
- 1-2+ years of experience in data analytics, computer science or related disciplines; experience with financial analysis strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in microfinance, international development and financial services
Strong statistics background required, including experience leveraging statistical software to conduct statistical analyses (e.g., running regressions, hypothesis testing)
- Technical proficiency in R or Python required, with machine learning a plus
Experience with data visualization software such as Power BI strongly preferred
- Basic finance/accounting knowledge required; Ability to conduct business and financial analysis and prepare synthesized recommendations for presentation to leadership
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines
- Ability to speak French and cross-cultural experience preferred
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.hopeinternational.org/take-action/careers. Due to the anticipated volume of candidates, we are unfortunately unable to respond to phone calls or individual inquires.