Coordinator, Supporter Retention
Covenant House International (CHI)
About Covenant House
For almost 50 years, Covenant House has served and advocated for youth and young families experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, and exploitation. Our overarching goal is to end homelessness among youth and young families by helping them achieve housing stability, heal from trauma, tap into their innate resilience, and hone their interests and skills to forge new pathways to independence. This work is carried out at Covenant House sites in 31 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
Reporting to the Director, Retention & Impact Coordinator, Supporter Retention is responsible for supporting core house file revenue objectives and coordinating Covenant House’s multi-channel donor retention program. They will assist the Supporter Impact team with all administrative and logistical needs driving towards improving revenue and retention metrics across the full one-time giving donor file.
Donor Retention Strategy & Execution Support
- Support supervisor and stakeholder teams through the implementation of annual multi-channel donor retention strategy in line with organizational growth goals
- Maintain and organize input data for KPI reporting related to core donor file value and retention
- Coordinate budget planning meeting with planning and marketing partners
- Schedule and track weekly calls with key partners focused on the review of past performance and investment adjustments
- Collaborate with Member Communications and Operations/Analytics teams to execute donor retention strategies
- Give input on ideas for data testing, cultivation and retention tactics for the house campaigns
- QA/QC mail plans, counts and segmentation for the larger house file campaigns
- Support donor acknowledgment and follow-up communication strategy, updating as necessary to align with overall retention strategies
- Review bluelines, insertions, digital artwork, email and other production-related files
- Other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of fundraising principles and practices; knowledge of annual giving/direct mail, print production, telemarketing, digital marketing, joint allocation of funds, and basic analytical principals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with many levels of staff to build productive relationships
- Commitment to goal attainment, high degree of initiative, and the ability to motivate and engage donors.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability and to be a team player
- Ability to develop and follow through on creative and effective solicitation strategies and to generate enthusiasm for them among team members
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 or more years of non-profit work experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with third-party data modelers a plus.
- Prior experience with 3rd party vendors preferred.
- Budget development and management familiarity are a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our offices are located in Manhattan, however, this position can be remote with some travel to NY and sites in US, Canada and Latin America as needed.
If you are fun, dynamic, and hardworking come join our awesome international team in an organization with a heart! Covenant House International is an equal employment opportunity employer and invites all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator, Supporter Retention” as the subject line.