We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Computer Support and Events Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director of Information Technology and is responsible for providing first tier support to HRC’s end users and managing the inventory and deployment of HRC’s computer resources to end users. This position will be the lead for supporting Gala Events Dinners. The Computer Support and Events Specialist must be willing to travel 50% of the time and be willing to work on weekends.
- Travel to and provide support for registration/checkout for Events dinners – Events are primarily on Saturdays – Duration: 12-14hrs with travel on Friday and Sunday.
- Manage shipment of equipment to and from Events dinners.
- Stay abreast of changes in technological needs for Events dinners and keep IT staff up-to-date.
- Manage the Help Desk as the first level of support for HRC staff, consultants, interns and temporary employees with a focus on Apple/Mac products and telephone system administration.
- Provide support for hardware, peripherals, and network access, office productivity applications such as Microsoft Windows, Office, GSuite, and other software as assigned.
- Provide support for smartphone users, such as an Apple iPhone, to include initial setup of devices for new/existing users.
- Monitor voice mail, e-mail, messages, and related information for support inquiries.
- Coordinate and maintain a log of request activities of the Help Desk.
- Administer computer accounts and passwords.
- Manage hardware inventory and deployment of end user hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
- Two or more years of experience supporting a help desk and inventory management for medium to large size organization (150-250 employees).
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 lbs. for computer deployment and installation.
- Capable of crawling under desks and climbing up ladders
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time and work on weekends required.
- Physical stamina and mobility to support 12-14 hour Events dinners required.
- Proficiency in Windows 2012 R2 Active Directory .
- Proficiency with Apple/Mac products and/or telephone system administration preferred.
- Strong customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of logical thinking and problem solving skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to function both independently and as a team member required.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.