The Community Coordinator is a vital part of NTEN’s success with educational programs, cohort learning programs, membership, and operations. The Community Coordinator’s work includes participant engagement for online learning cohorts, hosting online educational programs, supporting customer service for event registration and logistics, and working with staff from different teams on NTEN conferences. As a member of the NTEN team, the Community Coordinator shares in the overall responsibility for the direction of NTEN’s work and delivery of our programs and services. The Community Coordinator reports to the Education Director and regularly works in collaboration with staff from program, membership and community, and conference teams.
- Pre- and post-event coordination including participant communications, course content review, and faculty support
- Participant and program engagement including hosting live events, supporting participant activities, and technical support
- In collaboration with the Education Director and other staff, support planning and implementation of in-person workshops (Labs) and other cohort learning events
- With direction from the Education Director and Membership & Engagement Director, assist with membership renewal, acquisition, and partner processes
- Support the identification of issues, escalate bugs, and otherwise improve systems for participants
- Support the Nonprofit Technology Conference and other in-person events, with customer service and program participant experience projects
- Regular creation and editing of video content to support faculty and student storytelling
- Provide general cross-team administrative support
- Provide customer support via phone and email during NTEN operation hours
- Embrace NTEN’s Mission, Values, and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- 2+ years related work experience
- A desire to further develop professional skills in related areas
- Comfort and willingness to work across teams, including with remote colleagues
- Experience and success with online engagement, ideally with educational events
- Experience with, and affinity for, technology tools including Google Apps, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media platforms
- Experience managing webinar software preferred
- Experience with membership, association management, and/or nonprofits preferred
- Experience with event support preferred
- Experience developing informational resources, ideally video.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week) position earning $35,500 annually with 100% of medical and dental benefits covered by NTEN, 401(k) with available matching contributions from NTEN, Flexible Spending Account, and 20 days of PTO (paid time off) a year plus 10 paid holidays. NTEN is focused on professional development for all staff and is eager to hire someone interested in learning and developing their skills in this role.
This position is based at the NTEN offices in downtown Portland, Oregon. Domestic travel and extended hours will be required one week per year to perform a support role at the Nonprofit Technology Conference and may be required for other in-person events up to 3 times per year. Please review the Working at NTEN page to learn more about our benefits and team.
NTEN envisions a more just and engaged world where all nonprofits use technology skillfully and confidently to meet community needs and fulfill their missions. We support organizations by convening the nonprofit community, offering professional credentials and training, and facilitating an open exchange of ideas.