Communications Designer (full- or part-time)
Technical Assistance Collaborative, Inc.
The Technical Assistance Collaborative is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping our nation’s human services, health care, homelessness, and affordable housing systems implement policies and practices that empower people to live healthy, independent lives in the communities they choose.
TAC’s Communications Designer will be responsible for the formatting, graphic design, and production of TAC’s reports, presentations, training curricula, social media messages, email campaigns, and website content. Working with the Communications Director and other staff, the Communications Designer will also prepare responses to requests for proposals, creating and organizing support documents under deadline.
Candidates should have an interest in TAC’s mission and inspired knowledge of how creative design and strategic communications help achieve our organizational goals. The Communications Designer position affords the opportunity to work closely with many different staff members on a wide variety of projects. A flexible, can-do attitude and the ability to adjust and revise materials based on both staff and client feedback is a must.
- Ability to design communications and marketing materials and to format documents to a professional standard, maintaining TAC’s organizational style in all TAC-produced materials.
- Demonstrated command of Adobe Creative Suite applications — especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated command or willingness to learn advanced design and formatting functions in Microsoft applications — especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel — in order to create polished, professional documents and presentations in these applications.
- Expert knowledge of branding, design principles, layout, color theory, and typography.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a design brand aesthetic for print, web, and social media.
- Experience in pre-press preparation of documents and other resources for printers, and ability to interface with other outside vendors (graphic design firms, etc.) as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet goals.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, plus a minimum of two professional experiences on a creative or communications team in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree or certificate program in communications/marketing, visual arts, or graphic design.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and web content management systems.
- Experience creating communications for organizational use via social media.
- Understanding of 508 compliance requirements for production of print and online materials.
- Basic video editing ability in iMovie (or aptitude and willingness to learn).
- Professional or volunteer experience in an organization that shares one or more TAC’s focus areas: disability, affordable housing, homelessness, and access to social and health care services.
Hours and Location
This position will be either part- or full-time (25 to 40 hours per week), depending on the candidate, and will be based in our Boston office.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position qualifies for TAC’s generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three samples of your design work to Sara Burke at email@example.com by September 13, 2019. One of your samples should be a multi-page document comparable to recent TAC products such as these: