Chief Financial Officer
Step Up Suncoast
Oversees all financial aspects of the organization’s daily operations. The CFO serves as a strategic thought partner and reports directly to the President/CEO. The CFO plays a critical role in collaborating with the leadership team in strategic decision-making and operational support to further enhance excellence in programming, compliance, capacity building, and service to our community.
Essential Functions: (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Manage and supervise all activities and staff of the Step Up Suncoast, Inc. Finance Department.
- Ensure all financial records and supporting documentation are maintained to meet or exceed all contract requirements, ensuring compliance with Federal and State guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for knowledge of and adherence to 2 CFR Part 200 – Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
- Develop, document, and monitor compliance with internal financial control procedures for the operations of the organization.
- Maintain Fiscal Policies and Procedures in collaboration with the Board of Directors and ensure compliance throughout the agency.
- Prepare the agency-wide budget annually and provide technical assistance for program budgeting, as needed.
- Produce timely financial reports, as necessary.
- Review and post journal entries and accounts receivable postings.
- Verify monthly bank reconciliations.
- Approve Federal drawdowns in compliance with Federal Cash Management regulations, as needed.
- Oversee Annual Audit in compliance with Uniform Guidance.
- Advise President/CEO, Program Directors, Policy Council, and Board of Directors regarding fiscal issues.
- Assign, supervise, review and perform duties for programs, such as preparing budgets, fiscal portions of grant applications, fiscal reports, budget to actual reports, as required and needed.
- Prepare, assign, and/or review cost reimbursement and per-unit invoices.
- Act as financial liaison between grantees and Step Up Suncoast, as needed.
- Responsible for indirect cost calculations from audit report and act as a liaison between HHS and Step Up Suncoast regarding these calculations.
- Coordinate and oversee multiple bidding and selection processes for insurance, audit, tax, and TPA services. Maintain documents and policies.
- Responsible for risk management functions.
- Perform any other designated duties required by the President/CEO in meeting the organization’s mission.
- Attend meetings, as needed, both during and after office hours.
- All other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Accounting is required.
- CPA credential (preferred). Experience with relevant grant accounting and non-profit financial reporting may be substituted for this requirement.
- Non – profit, grant accounting, and GAAP accounting experience.
- Non‐profit accounting experience with multiple grant funding sources of $10+ million annually preferred.
- In-Service Training held throughout the year.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of low–income people.
- Strong analytical business skills and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Produces documents and e-mails in a Microsoft Windows environment; uses program-specific software within one month of hire.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must have reliable transportation for work-related travel, including nights and out of town.
- Must be insurable under Step Up Suncoast’s organizational policies.
- Pre-employment drug screening is required.
- Must pass a Level II criminal background check.
- Must agree to ongoing random drug/alcohol screening.
- Credit check required.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Normal office environment.
- The worksite is the central administrative office. Currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Expected hours of work:
Hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. It is occasionally necessary to attend other functions of the position or agency outside established hours.
- Must be able to travel out of work area and overnight for conferences or training.
Step Up Suncoast provides its employees Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under federal and state laws as outlined in the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you a C.P.A.?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Non – profit, grant accounting and GAAP accounting: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
mail resumes to email@example.com