Business Technology Lead
The Business Technology Lead is responsible for providing technical leadership for Vanguard Charitable’s IT team and to act as the liaison between the off-shore development team and the on-shore technology team with regards to monitoring, sizing, assessing, auditing and approving system infrastructure changes related to production support. The Business Technology Lead will serve as a knowledge resource and subject matter expert for VC business applications, and for interactions between VC users, technology operations and external technology vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and approves vendor-initiated infrastructure production support activities and upgrades ensuring an understanding of technical implications, dependencies, and the potential conflicts of various projects; evaluates the impact of activities on Vanguard Charitable; determines mitigation plan as needed.
- Responsible for application infrastructure management; determines requirements for and manages disaster recovery, vulnerability, and performance testing and monitoring for VC applications with external vendors; determines requirements for and manages Vanguard InfoSec audits; certificate issues; licensing items, etc. for applications and vendors.
- Manages technical aspects of relationships with third-party technology vendors, including establishing Service Level Agreements and tracking vendor performance against those SLAs.
- Serves as point of contact for all technical and system issues that arise including support, questions, situations, and solutions for Vanguard Charitable staff and external vendors; prioritizes issues, coordinates with applicable stakeholders to determine necessary activities including tracking of items through completion.
- Identifies, researches, and recommends potential new technical solutions for VC and evaluates technologies proposed by various internal stakeholders; coordinates with Vanguard and third-party vendors to ensure solutions are compatible with Vanguard technical environments, standards, and requirements; project manages the implementation of any solutions.
- Serves as primary interface with Vanguard technology teams on behalf of Vanguard Charitable and with all technology vendors (Oracle, Akami, Kofax etc.). Meets regularly with Vanguard technology groups and vendor contacts to coordinate and ensure support for planned Vanguard Charitable technology needs.
- Works with UST to support contingency preparedness for the organization by ensuring critical systems are available for VC staff in contingency/DR scenarios.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and identifies solutions to technical problems discovered by internal and external clients; responds to, researches and determines resolution to technical issues in a timely manner; directs staff to appropriate resources for problem-solving or work with Vanguard/vendors as necessary to recommend and implement an appropriate course of action.
- Maintains current knowledge of Vanguard Information Security and Technology policies, procedures and standards; ensures that VC remains compliant with these, including staff communication, training, and oversight as needed.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of client business functions, technology needs, tools and other applications that interface with VC processes so that they can be clearly articulated to and leveraged for the business users.
- Assist with and support regular and off-release business elevation activities, as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in business systems, computing or related fields is preferred; or combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of related experience including at least two years dealing with the support and implementation of applications, platforms and technology security.
- Technical aptitude and broad knowledge of current technologies including technical lead practices and concepts and common productivity applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Lotus Notes.
- Basic understanding of current systems analysis principles, methods, procedures, practices, tools and techniques, and project management principles.
- Proven ability for empathetic, effective, professional and accurate communication with a variety of levels of knowledge, skills, and responsibilities; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of web applications such as blogs, content management tools, secure email, etc.
- Knowledge of:
-Software capabilities and limitations (e.g. performance and design).
-Benefits and risk of automating and changing processes – on own and shared systems.
-Quality assurance methodology and inspections.
- Work independently and collegially with minimal supervision.
Vanguard Charitable does not offer employment-based sponsorship. Employment is contingent on a background check, reference check, and successful drug-screening.
How to Apply
How to Apply