Business Systems Manager
Mission Investment Fund of the ELCA
The Mission Investment Fund (MIF) and ELCA Federal Credit Union are separately incorporated financial services organizations of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Faith and finance are the core of our mission serving over 9,000 congregations and ministries and 3.3 million church members with building loans and investments. For over 150 years and with total assets approaching $1 billion, MIF has been a source of expertise and strength supporting our communities of faith.
When clicking on a job posting you will be directed to the ELCA Job Board. To learn more about our awesome employee benefits, please visit us at: https://www.elca.org/Careers/Churchwide-Office-Jobs/Employee-Benefits
About the Job
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for the secure and effective operation and ongoing maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements of MIF’s IT systems and related applications, software, and hardware. The position ensures that the organization’s information security, compliance, disaster recovery and business continuity efforts plans are implemented in accordance with industry best practices. This role achieves results directly, through support personnel and in coordination with services providers.
- Manage the operation and ongoing maintenance, upgrades and enhancements for all IT systems and applications, software, and hardware in accordance with the organization’s security protocols, performance standards and vendor/service-level agreements. Manage and prioritize the MIF-IT team’s response to reported incidents and service requests. Provide tools and structure to create and maintain documentation of relevant systems, services, processes, and procedures.
- Manage a team of IT personnel, communicating job expectations, setting performance goals and standards, training and coaching, and appraising performance. Evaluate team performance for continuous improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Identify and report on gaps and/or inefficiencies in current technology, processes, procedures, and service offerings. Suggest alternatives and remedies to IT senior management and implementing recommended solutions.
- Manage IT projects and ensure successful completion as per established objectives and timeline.
- Ensure effective utilization of current systems and adoption of new systems by organizing and providing ongoing user training, support, advice, and feedback. Identify, support, and leverage technology subject-matter experts (SMEs) in business areas to enhance technology systems utilization.
- Ensure established key performance indicators (KPIs) are met and report performance metrics for consumption by IT and organizational leadership.
- Implement organizational information security and compliance policies and processes in accordance with industry best practices, standards, and protocols. Provide support for internal and external audits of the IT function, including providing documentation, responding to questions, and resolving findings.
- Manage technology preparedness for disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity planning (BCP). Operationalize internal DR and BCP governance documents, including ensuring regular review and testing exercises.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems management or computer science-related field
- 6+ years overall IT experience, including at least 3 years of IT systems management and 1 year of Help Desk or end-user support within a financial organization (bank or credit union).
- At least 3 years of IT team management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Project management skills necessary to (at a minimum) outline the scope and timeline of a complex project, develop milestones, schedule, and manage resources, report results.
- Excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think logically and make sound decisions under high-pressure situations.
- Project management certification or coursework
- Microsoft, ITIL, COBIT, Information Security certification
Minimal travel may be required.
How to Apply
When clicking on a job posting you will be directed to the ELCA Job Board. To learn more about the ELCA and our awesome employee benefits, please visit us at: https://www.elca.org/Careers/Churchwide-Office-Jobs/Employee-Benefits