Business Systems Analyst – Reporting
International Rescue Committee
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.” (Albert Einstein)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
In an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs, The IT department provides end-to-end solutions for the organization including Application Development, Integration and Management, Enterprise Architecture, User Experience, Quality Assurance & Testing, and overall Project Management. In collaboration with IT colleagues and business partners, the Business Systems Analyst works to support the optimum configuration and delivery of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain (D365) at IRC to meet end-user needs and IRC’s mission, with a primary focus on finance, supply chain, project management and expense management areas.
At a high level, the Business Systems Analyst- Reporting has responsibility for:
· Business requirements gathering and analysis
· Reporting requirements gathering and analysis
· Defining and documenting reporting needs as they relate to D365 and other integrated systems
· Functional testing/documentation as it pertains to business reporting needs
· Ongoing L3 application support
The Business Systems Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of their business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding and documenting the Power BI and other reporting requirements needed to address business challenges within an international D365 rollout.
- Work with external partners to successfully execute and validate reporting deliverables
- Participate in ongoing report development projects, working with business owners, developers and project managers to execute to identified milestones and deliverables following proper escalation paths; and maintaining positive customer and supplier relationships
- Partner with internal and external customers to ensure reports provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Proactively develop subject matter expertise in the end-to-end processes and technologies related to finance, supply chain, expense management, and project management functional areas
- Support additional systems requirements analysis and documentation
- Perform user requirements gathering and translate into functional, technical, and project requirements
- Liaise with QA and Functional testing teams to participate in and ensure functional, user acceptance testing activities are thorough and meet deadlines
- Participate in business continuity testing for D365 and other integrated systems
- Participate in overall systems coordination and planning to ensure the optimum delivery and usability of IRC systems to the user community.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Business Systems Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
– Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
– Subject Matter Experts across other departments
– Software and Systems team members
– Project Managers and Project Coordinators in the Project Management team
– Vendors and Consultants
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods such as data warehouses, visualization tools, architectures, and relational database systems (e.g.: MS SQL, PowerBI, Oracle, Qlik, LogiXML, Tableau, BIDS, and Cognos)
- 2+ years implementing enterprise resource planning systems and functions, primarily Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain or earlier versions including finance, procurement, inventory management, supply chain management, and project management and accounting.
- 4+ years gathering, analyzing, and implementing business, functional, and technical requirements in multiple formats, from analysis of current state through implementation of conceptual to-be states
- Experience with the support, analysis, documentation, administration, and change management for delivery of global ERP systems with substantial numbers of users across global time zones
- Experience with enterprise-level system master data, integrations, REST and SOAP APIs, and ETL processes
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, workshops) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Good active listening skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems-based thinking and an evidence-driven approach
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
- Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization.
- MS in Information Technology
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years developing and executing business case testing of enterprise systems
- Experience in the NGO sector in the delivery of systems across varying IT infrastructure
- Understanding of Microsoft Dev/Ops (task administration, execution)
- Standard office environment
- Some international travel as needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to Apply