Business Development Associate
We’re seeking a professional, people-oriented person to join our distributed team as a Business Development Associate.
The core responsibility for this position will be to sell Cornershop’s products and services to potential clients via inbound sales. This position will be responsible for responding to web inquiries, meeting with potential clients, evaluating sales qualification/potential, creating estimates, writing proposals, presenting sales pitches, writing contracts, and preparing relevant details for the project team. In addition to performing those duties for Cornershop, this position will be expected to occasionally attend conferences and client meetings.
Since we are a web agency that works with nonprofits, our ideal candidate will have a passion for social justice, experience working with the nonprofit community, and a working knowledge of WordPress site administration. Some knowledge of web technology would also be helpful, though actual developer skills are not expected: you won’t be required to write code but should be able to talk about it.
This position will report to the Director of Sales. This position is salaried and does not include a sales commission.
- Curious problem solver, interested in listening carefully to clients explain their needs/wants and matching those with potential solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quick thinker, able to come up with responses to questions on the spot during sales calls
- Deep thinker, able to reconsider the client’s needs after the call is over, and identify the best solution/plan/approach
- Previous experience working in sales or business development role
- Previous experience creating and presenting customized sales presentations, proposals, contracts, and post-sales communications
- Incredibly organized (so organized that friends might mock you for this)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced and enthusiastic juggler (literally would be cool, but we’re speaking metaphorically here)
- Passionate about nonprofits, especially progressive causes
- Ability to remain cheerful, calm, and organized even though the *$%@ conference line isn’t working for everyone AGAIN
Awesome but Totally Not Required
- Basic knowledge of Qwilr or similar
- East Coast location
- Familiarity with WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Familiarity with common nonprofit CRM solutions, such as Luminate Online, Salsa Labs, Engaging Networks, Salesforce, and/or other similar platforms
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and development, particularly around performance, SEO, and a11y
- Previous experience working successfully from home as part of a remote team
- Previous experience working for a creative agency and tracking hours
- Previous experience responding to Requests for Proposal, Requests for Information, and Requirements documents
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our nonprofit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
- Your résumé, which should include an indication of which American state you live and work in
- A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
- If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
U.S. applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.