Associate, Sustainer Program
Share Our Strength
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Associate, Sustainer Program will play an essential role in connecting supporters to our mission and optimizing our sustainer program. With a working knowledge of direct response best practices, the Associate will help execute high-value mobile, telemarketing, canvassing, and DRTV campaigns in order to acquire, steward, retain, and upgrade sustainers. This role requires strong organizational, communication, and creative skills to manage the day to day operations of our sustainer program efficiently, accurately, and with a focus on the donor experience throughout.
Responsibilities include managing campaigns and projects, copyediting and running internal reviews, curating campaign content, tracking expenses, streamlining processes, and developing strategies that improve the donor experience.
The role is preferably based in Washington, DC, but could be fully remote for the right candidate. Range for offers: $50,000-$56,000.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Senior Manager, Sustainer Program to project manage telemarketing, mobile, canvassing, and DRTV campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of metrics, tactics, strategies and best practices for sustainer programs.
- Manage internal creative reviews by assisting with copyediting, fact checking, submitting feedback to vendors, and reviewing signoffs.
- Research and develop content for fundraising and cultivation campaigns.
- Collaborate with Donor Services and vendors to conduct call monitoring, address donor questions and concerns, develop Q&A messaging, and improve donor processes.
- Assist in setting up donation pages, updating donation page copy, and tracking URLs and source codes.
- Submit invoices for processing and log expenses.
- Manage inventory, schedule meetings, and conduct other administrative duties.
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength’s work to be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required, and 2-3 years of relevant experience in direct response fundraising.
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects and to excel independently in a dynamic multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and work successfully with them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to identify and work through challenges, underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, and experience with project management software a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger issues and fundraising.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and b perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a healthy and productive life.
How to Apply
Upload an updated resume and cover letter to https://shareourstrength.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/0a6499da-62d0-83a6-57d5-7c840f09f2c9/apply?source=1813134-CS-44283