About Southern California Grantmakers and Philanthropy California:
Southern California Grantmakers (SCG) is a membership association where our region’s philanthropic leaders come together to learn, connect, and take action. Our mission is to champion effective philanthropy and advance collaborative efforts to create meaningful change in our communities. SCG connects grantmakers through sector-wide conferences, trainings, and networking opportunities—providing support and leadership for collaboration on projects and for action on public policy issues.
SCG currently brings together 300+ members who represent the spectrum of philanthropy, including foundations, family philanthropy, corporate giving, consultants to philanthropy, and government grantmakers. We also co-lead Philanthropy California, an initiative of Northern California Grantmakers (NCG), Southern California Grantmakers (SCG), and San Diego Grantmakers (SDG) whose combined membership represents more than 600 philanthropic organizations investing billions every year to support communities across the state, the country, and worldwide.
Over the past several years, SCG’s size and scope have grown dramatically. Now, we’re reorganizing and expanding so we can deepen and strengthen our impact in the ways that our members and partners are seeking: more intersectional issue-based programming and professional development that helps funders take bold action for equitable and just impacts in communities; robust, nimble action on policy and advocacy; convening and facilitating collaborations and partnerships; and investing in our own sustainability and capacity to lead as an organization with equity at the center. To support the growth of our work and of our extraordinarily capable current staff, we are excited to add several new positions across the organization.
The Assistant/Associate, Statewide Technology will support SCG’s membership engagement, community building as well as internal and external learning. This position will work directly with the Director, Statewide Technology to ensure that all of SCG’s online assets work efficiently and to optimize the use of technology for staff and member communities in innovative ways. In addition, the position will work with other SCG, NCG and SDG staff in collaboration on Philanthropy California initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website: Assist in facilitating the development of SCG’s website, including but not limited to testing new functionalities as they become available, posting content with thoughtful use of the website taxonomy, managing the database of web users, and supporting users as needed
- Salesforce: Be an expert in the design and utilization of SCG’s Salesforce platform, including but not limited to developing workflows/automations, managing all aspects of the contact database, eliminating/preventing duplicates, and brainstorming processes to improve productivity
- Communication: Support the communication team with tasks related to database and knowledge management, including but not limited to building targeted mailing lists, monitor email unsubscribes, and gather knowledge for social media postings.
- Data Analysis: Examine, produce, and communicate insights on the patterns of SCG’s audiences across online platforms
- Information Structure: Assist with the dissemination and collection of knowledge during programs, including but not limited to tasks related to conference communications and AV, and building a knowledge library to document system customizations and procedures
- Other: All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the philanthropy/nonprofit sector
- Interest in new technologies, data systems and web development
- Fast learner with impeccable attention to detail and a proven track record of on-time delivery for complex projects with distributed ownership
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service attitude and ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels from a range of backgrounds
- Previous experience with CRM and CMS highly desired or an interest in learning these systems
- Technical: Intermediate knowledge of HTML and general working knowledge of CSS and website coding; proven success using Salesforce to build and execute campaigns and run operations; experience using website content management systems, including the structure and development of content types and design modules
- Analytical: Ability to develop reports and use qualitative and quantitative information in planning, troubleshooting, and decision-making
- Project Management: Ability to create concise and workable project plans, communicate those plans clearly, and manage deadlines
- Open-Minded and Entrepreneurial Approach: Intellectual curiosity and interest in using technology creatively
Southern California Grantmakers (SCG) is an equal opportunity employer. SCG is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Assistant Statewide Technology or Associate Statewide Technology. No phone calls, please.