Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance to low-income individuals, seeks a highly qualified candidate to join our team as Associate Product Manager. This full-time position will help to define, oversee and support the product strategy for Pro Bono Net’s award-winning LawHelp.org platform and related technologies that empower low income and vulnerable communities with legal resources and self-advocacy tools, and that strengthen collaboration within statewide civil justice communities. The LawHelp platform has been adopted by nonprofit legal aid programs in more than 20 states to help people find solutions to pressing legal problems. Pro Bono Net’s LawHelp program also incubates, pilots and scales new technology-enabled approaches to legal services delivery and legal empowerment. To learn more about Pro Bono Net’s programs and partners, visit http://www.probono.net/about/item.Mission.
- Manage the product roadmap for the LawHelp.org platform and related technologies that increase essential legal assistance for the public
- Understand the goals of LawHelp’s partner network and end users in order to promote innovation and help to drive the next generation of LawHelp technology
- Lead weekly meetings with the technology team to review, analyze and prioritize issues
- Track and manage post-implementation feedback from partners and end users to help prioritize features for future iterations
- Conduct requirements-gathering for new features, as needed
- Collaborate with senior program and technical staff to establish a unified product vision Pro Bono Net’s state justice communities program, including scoping new initiatives.
Community Support and Networking
- Provide technical assistance and training to partner organizations to facilitate effective adoption of LawHelp.org platform features
- Generate release notes and product documentation
- Promote networking and knowledge-sharing within the LawHelp partner network through community listserv and bi-monthly community calls
- Liaise with other program staff to facilitate awareness of related technology innovations, including LawHelp Interactive.
- Participate in legal aid technology community listservs, webinars and other forums to share program insights and support network-building
- Serve as project manager for a portfolio of LawHelp-related grants
- Maintain reporting systems to document work with each state in an efficient and effective manner
- Analyze data to monitor effectiveness of program
- Contribute to fundraising activities, including assisting with grant proposal development and reporting, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required.
- At least two years technology project experience; experience working with public interest legal or access to justice organizations highly valued
- Web-savvy and fluent in the use of web-based tools, with a broad understanding of the software development lifecycle
- UX and web design experience preferred;
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to multitask, establish priorities and achieve results
- Experience with, or ability to learn, software project issue-tracking, project management, project documentation and test-case management software, including Atlassian JIRA
- Confident and skilled communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to build strong relationships and coordinate team projects involving on-site and remote collaborators
- Ability to adapt to new ideas in a positive way; flexible approach to unexpected changes in priorities and ability to respond to the needs/expectations of diverse stakeholders.
Location and Benefits
This is full-time position with a competitive nonprofit salary and excellent benefits, including 4 weeks paid vacation. The position will be based in New York or San Francisco.