Associate, Marketing & Communications
The END Fund
POSTING: Associate, Communications & Marketing
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications
The END Fund is a leading philanthropic investment vehicle with a mission to control or eliminate diseases that affect the world’s poorest people, specifically five of the most prevalent neglected tropical diseases (NTDs): intestinal worms, river blindness, trachoma, schistosomiasis and lymphatic filariasis. In the first five years since the END Fund’s inception (2012-2016), the team mobilized more than $75 million in private investments and supported delivery of over 331 million treatments, training of more than 750,000 health workers, and provision of over 10,000 surgeries for people suffering from these preventable and controllable diseases. In 2017 alone, the END Fund supported partners to provide over 160 million NTD treatments (valued at over $330 million) to more than 90 million people at risk of NTDs in 23 countries. In a short time, the END Fund has thus established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving.
The END Fund accomplishes its mission by:
- Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
- Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
- Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of poverty.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the WHO and global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on Africa and currently supports NTD programs in 10 strategic priority countries in Africa and an additional 12 to 15 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. To meet its ambitious growth objectives, the END Fund is actively seeking to expand its community of visionary and engaged philanthropists, foundations, and corporations committed to treating and preventing the spread of NTDs.
The END Fund’s rapid growth has created a number of exciting marketing opportunities that we only see increasing in scope and size in the coming years. We are seeking to build out our communications team and are looking for a marketing generalist to serve as our Associate, Communications & Marketing. A natural team player, the successful candidate will enjoy working collaboratively to help execute a robust marketing plan and manage the systems needed to carry out the mission of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the Programs team and the Investor Relations team to serve as project manager for the internal acquisition of content and the creative direction of major marketing collateral such as the Annual Report and UK Trustees Report
- Manage relationship with external design firm for all END Fund projects
- Liaise with Investor Relations to determine collateral needs
- Create branded reports and documents to be used for advocacy purposes
- Ensure events (including donor visits and fundraising events) maintain a level of excellence and elegance through branded items, invitations, and other materials
- Work with programs team to create systems and processes to collect stories and materials from our partners that we can use across our digital and offline collateral.
- Provide tools/trainings to programmatic partners when needed to increase amount of content the END Fund is collecting.
- With Associate, Public Affairs, lead tracking of communications outcomes for grant reporting.
- Manage incoming design requests from other internal teams.
- Perform administrative duties for Public Affairs team as needed such as note-taking during meetings, coordinating agendas and follow-ups, running expense reports, and formatting documents (approximately 10% of the role).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This role may require occasional domestic and international travel (At least 5%)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-2 years experience creating marketing materials (reports, brochures) data reporting and analysis, writing and/or editing, ideally in a public interest/cause-related organization; Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant mix of experience and education.
- Exceptional ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing and content creation
- Experience with graphic design software (Adobe Cloud, Canva) and project management systems (Asana, Basecamp) preferred
- Detail oriented project management skills such as setting clear timelines for drafts, approvals, and deliverables, and ability to collaborate and liaise across matrixed teams.
- Familiarity with global health issues, and NTDs specifically, and/or an appetite and interest to learn
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a collaborative team
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity; international experience a plus
- Ability to work in the US and ability and desire to travel domestically and internationally
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The END Fund offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits in addition to a rewarding career in service to others.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The END Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy and intent that all qualified persons be given full and equal opportunities for employment, training, promotions, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
Visit our site and complete the online application.