Associate, Donor Operations
Share Our Strength
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Donor Operations Associate, under the supervision of the Associate Director, Database Administration, is responsible for online gift entry, with primary focus on the import and export of constituent and transactional data from Share Our Strength’s online fundraising platforms – Luminate, Universe, and OneCause – into RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge. This import process includes formatting gifts with appropriate coding and overseeing duplicate record management and cleanup. The Associate will also assist the Associate Director managing the various data integrations between RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge and other fundraising platforms, pull fundraising reports from Luminate when requested, and assist with any other queries or data pulls from Raiser’s Edge, including those for the direct response program. The Associate should understand best practices in data management, be able to identify and adapt to shifting priorities, be flexible and resourceful, and exercise professionalism and discretion in working with confidential information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining the constituent and transaction imports into Raiser’s Edge from Luminate, Universe, and OneCause, including management of data formatting and coding; ensure gift entry follows the organization’s coding guidelines for generating acknowledgement letters, receipts, and reports.
- Pull fundraising reports from Luminate for fundraisers on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for managing duplicate records in Luminate and RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge, including identifying potential duplicates and merging records in both systems.
- Assist with data entry of new constituent biographical information, including attributes, relationships, actions, and notes into Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with Raiser’s Edge queries, imports, exports, and reporting, as requested.
- Assist large data pulls for the direct response program.
- Manage the tax receipting process for the Major Gifts program.
- Proactively cultivate strong working relationships with all frontline solicitors.
- Serve as backup for other Donor Operations team functions, including invoice creation, credit card processing, tribute card generations, and offline gift entry.
- Perform other administrative assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 – 4 years of work experience in an office environment or nonprofit setting, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of gift processing procedures and 2 – 4 years of RE NXT/Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database experience preferred.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with Blackbaud Luminate or other CRM database strongly preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle differing projects and priorities while coordinating workflow in a deadline-driven and service-focused environment.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter, with excellent problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications (including verbal and written) skills and cultural competencies, underscored by strong emotional intelligence.
- Integrity and discretion, and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: no calls please.