Associate Director of Operations and Technology
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Founded in 1994, the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH) builds Latina power to guarantee the fundamental human right to reproductive health, dignity and justice. We elevate Latina leaders, mobilize our families and communities, transform the cultural narrative and catalyze policy change.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The role of the Associate Director of Operations and Technology position is designed to be a collaborative one and builds upon the collaborative culture within the departments and in the organization. The Associate Director will work report to the Senior Director of Operations and Finance and be responsible for the analysis, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of all facets of technology and operational matters. This position provides the strategy, leadership, and day-to-day management of operations, infrastructure, software, hardware, networks, and physical and cyber security at the national and state levels for NLIRH. They will be responsible for conveying instructions and sensitive information directly to all departments and staff. The clarity of these communications will determine how effectively tasks are executed in the department and throughout NLIRH.
- This person is a departmental leader who develops and maintains the organization’s road map, ensuring that operations continually support the overall organization’s goals and objectives;
- This person plays a mentorship role to key operations personnel, promoting their professional growth;
- This person works with the Senior Director of Operations and Finance to manage the operational budgets and adherence to overall financial objectives for operations and technology at the state and national levels;
- This person will directly manage with the Department staff, the operations of the national, state, and locally rented office spaces and programming spaces;
Strategy and IT Infrastructure:
- This person works closely with the Senior Director of Operations and Finance to ensure consistency and functionality of existent infrastructure environments through the creation, maintenance, and enforcement of well documented standards and procedures;
- This person creates and implements IT policies and procedures that enable strong security and risk-management capabilities in partnership with IT vendors and consultants;
- This person works with departments on the selection of technology/platforms to ensure for data integration across the organization as well facilitating and coordinating trainings and troubleshooting when needed;
Collaboration and Support:
- This person works with the Senior Director of Operations and Finance to manage to financial commitments as it relates to operations and technology;
- This person works with the Senior Directors and leaders in planning for operational and technology needs and providing analysis of efficiencies and effectiveness;
- This person partners with the human resources department in coordinating and facilitating in the information and tracking systems needed for hiring and recruitment;
- This person manages technology platforms across all departments (Community Mobilization, Public Affairs, Development, Finance, and Government Relations, and Human Resources);
- This person performs additional duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and Operations.
- Management experience non-profit setting. There is a strong preference for work experience in a grassroots or social justice space;
- A thorough understanding of network infrastructure technologies, inclusive of security solutions;
- Strong skills and experience with information technology and experience in establishing and maintaining cybersecurity protocols;
- Expertise with database design and experience building sites on SharePoint;
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing an operations and/or technology-focused team;
- Must be a people person who inspires trust and confidence, enabling others to easily trust in your insights and judgments;
- Enthusiastic problem solver, with advanced critical and strategic thinking skills, a strong attention to detail, a strong understanding of the need for the integration of technological processes in non-profit, social justice and policy advocacy work;
- Strong leadership skills, having an ability to influence cross-functional groups/teams towards a unified direction and having an ability to influence leadership;
- Educational and/ or practical experience in technology, operations and the management of these or any other related field;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with an ability to stay calm in the face of adversity and uncertainty;
- Excellent time and project management skills with a results-driven approach;
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills including experience preparing reports that are clear, convincing, and unambiguous;
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
Salary & Benefits: NLIRH offers a competitive salary determined via an annual compensation survey of the social justice field that aligns with our values of wage justice for all. Our comprehensive package of benefits includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, personal, and sick time
- Retirement plan, including employer match
- Paid parental leave
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please write Associate Dir of Ops & Tech on the e-mail subject line. Position will be open until filled. In the body of the email, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working in Operations and Technology at NLIRH in particular?
- Name a recent success in Operations and Technology which shows that you can work collaboratively?