Associate Director of Digital Fundraising
American Kidney Fund
About the American Kidney Fund
The American Kidney Fund (AKF) is the nation’s leading kidney nonprofit fighting kidney disease on all fronts. We are proud to be recognized as one of the top 50 nonprofit employers in the United States by The Nonprofit Times. AKF is one of the nation’s top-rated nonprofits, investing 97 cents of every donated dollar in programs, and holds the highest 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator and the Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar. We are able to reach this level of efficiency and effectiveness because of our incredible team.
About the position
The Associate Director of Digital Fundraising (AD of Digital FR) is key to growing AKF’s online fundraising brand and is instrumental in building on and continuing the fundraising program’s close to 50% growth over the last 3 years. The AD of Digital FR manages and oversees the growth of online fundraising and engagement programs by planning, coordinating and executing effective and data-informed fundraising strategies via all digital channels including email, web, SEM, display advertising and paid/organic social media. The program currently raises more than $1.7 million annually, which is an increase of 150% since 2018. Leading through collaboration, you will partner with our marketing division, fundraising vendor and other development staff to support increased revenue generation and donor community building.
Are you someone who is:
- Collaborative: Leads through collaboration and teamwork
- Data-driven: Understands fundraising data and using it to make strategic decisions
- Innovative: Ensures AKF is using best practices in driving our target audience to take valuable action
Every member of the growing digital fundraising team is hands-on and is able to see the direct results of their efforts. Join the team and grow professionally while making a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease.
In addition to your competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; health, dental and vision coverage; life insurance and disability coverages; and a generous matching 403(b) retirement plan, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Culture: We make sure our team knows how much they are valued demonstrated through our Quality Work Environment (QWE) Task Force and employee-led recognition and social events throughout the year.
- Compressed work week: Start the weekend early with shorter workdays on Fridays – closing at 3 p.m. Labor Day to Memorial Day and 2 p.m. in the summer.
- Flexibility: Employees work from home three days a week.
- Clear expectations: You’ll know what you need to do to succeed; annual raises and bonuses for all employees are based on your performance.
- Location: Convenient location and a short walk to the popular Pike and Rose shopping center
- Parking: Arrive and leave work comfortably, thanks to an underground parking garage whose monthly cost is paid for by AKF. Metro subsidies are provided for those who do not drive.
- Dress code: Business casual through the week and casual on Fridays.
At AKF, we embrace diversity and emphasize the importance of working together as a staff to continue making the organization a great place to work.
- Work with Leadership to develop an annual strategic plan for email, search, display, paid social and other digital marketing channels and execute the plan in a timely and cost-effective manner from beginning to end. The plan will have set gross and net goals that will guide all decisions.
- Coordinate with members of ODFO and Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) and outside vendors on omni-channel fundraising campaigns, ensuring that the creation and delivery of strategic support messaging is consistent across all platforms.
- Oversee digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew, upgrade, and retain members.
- Work in coordination with outside vendor and AD of Marketing to develop and manage emails, landing pages, autoresponders, splash pages, lightboxes, donation forms, tools, and graphics for online fundraising activities.
- Draft fundraising copy, as needed, for unexpected or ad hoc emails, texts, etc.
- Oversee creation and execution of online cultivation, stewardship, and engagement communications.
- Take a key role in the budgeting and reforecasting process for the digital fundraising program. Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision making across the program. Pro-actively manage budgets, monitor, and report on digital fundraising campaigns to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target.
- Work with Associate Director of Marketing and Development staff to direct the creation of audience queries through Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage texting program for all fundraising channels and coordinate with other departments that are utilizing texting for their own strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the car donation program, including working in partnership with the Director of Digital Marketing to promote the program through online search marketing and managing AKF’s car donation vendor.
- Support the Director of Community Engagement with all digital marketing aspects of Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives in partnership with appropriate staff members of OCM and outside vendors.
- Track and analyze digital testing across all channels. Translate analysis into actionable items.
- Work closely with constituent relations teams to ensure proper data flow.
- Implement and manage a new reporting system that includes the development of reports that deliver a series of strategic metrics, demonstrate the behavior of our donors, and can predict the trajectory of our program.
- Create dashboards and reports to disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Run bi-weekly digital fundraising meeting, ensuring there is a coordinated agenda with actionable items and a report-out as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 5 years of related work in digital fundraising and marketing
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online or similar products required
- Proficient to in-depth knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of managing a digital fundraising program that yields results
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-channel digital marketing platforms (email, digital newsletters, websites, social media, etc.), with demonstrated understanding of best practices and key performance indicators
- Comprehensive experience providing CRM analysis and research a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets with a commitment to high quality and attention to detail
- Comfort moving between different departments and bridging different goals/strategies within the organization
- Display creativity and initiative; respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities
- Must be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity, and diplomacy
- Self-starter with ability to equally function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes
- Some experience in non-profit voluntary health preferred
AKF will be returning to the office on September 13, 2021, with employees working two days in the office and three days of telework. AKF requires employees to be fully vaccinated and the 14 day waiting period completed by September 13th or their first day of hire, whichever is later. A request for medical or religious accommodation may be provided and will be considered confidentially by HR on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements for consideration. Please visit our website at www.kidneyfund.org or use the link below: