Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Development Operations. Reporting to the Director, Database Administration and Fundraising Practice in the Development Systems team, the Associate Director, Development Operations is responsible for maintenance and operations of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s donor database of more than 5 million constituents. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the data operations with key vendors engaged to support Fundraising Practice activities. Incumbent will also provide critical thinking and expertise that will be key to implementing systems and procedures to carry out PPFA’s strategic fundraising plan on behalf of the Planned Parenthood enterprise – across PPFA Development Departments (Direct Response, Major Gifts, and Planned Giving), as well as PPFA’s Collaborative Fundraising Partnership (CFP) affiliate partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees management of external telemarketing, response processing, and canvassing vendors as it relates to their data management services. Sets priorities and standards to ensure that all contributions received from these vendors are identified, coded, deposited and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures all non-revenue constituent-related data received from these vendors is identified, coded, and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develops and monitors Development Operations policies and procedures for users within PPFA and our CFP affiliate partner users.
- Designs and implements operating systems and procedures to meet all Development Operations needs especially during transition to new Salesforce NGO Connect donor database.
- Works closely with fundraising and financial departments to maintain accuracy of record keeping, ensure cash flow, and protect database integrity necessary for optimal performance of PPFA’s fundraising activities. Establishes, communicates, and delegates objectives to be achieved by staff, vendors, consultants, and/or outside contractors.
- Coordinates data appends such as NCOA, telematch, and age overlays.
- Works closely with the Director, Database Administration and Fundraising Practices to provide support for day-to-day fundraising and advocacy program requirements.
- Supports Director, Database Administration and Fundraising Practice in producing affiliate revenue sharing reporting.
- Supports Director, Database Administration and Fundraising Practice in managing Revenue Operations.
- Supervises Donor Database Management Specialist.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-8 years of progressively-responsible experience in non-profit fundraising data processing/management or directly related experience. Direct experience with sophisticated fundraising databases.
- Experience integrating multiple databases via file exchanges and/or application program interfaces (APIs).
- Experience with Salesforce NGO Connect CRM and fundraising solution highly desirable, but not required.
- Supervisory/management experience highly desirable, but not required.
- Programming and computer literacy skills required: superb skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). SQL skills highly desirable, but not required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Comprehensive understanding of direct marketing and development fundraising business practices in a not-for-profit environment.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles as it relates to gift processing operations; comprehensive understanding of relationship database principles and practices.
- Mastery of systems and process; and a comprehensive understanding of data entry best practices to ensure data integrity.
- Ability to lead projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work independently toward shared goals.
- Strong training, presentation, and writing skills.
- Ability to investigate and solve database problems; ability to document system features, uses and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are critical for this position.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.