Associate Director, Digital Strategy
International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region
About the Organization
IPPF/WHR is a leader in the movement for sexual and reproductive health and rights in the Americas and Caribbean. We work with 45 partner organizations in nearly every country throughout the region that share a common mission: to ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive healthcare, promote sex education, and fight for sexual and reproductive rights.
In 2017, our partners provided 7.5 million people with nearly 36 million services, including contraception, breast and cervical cancer screenings, HIV/STI prevention and treatment services, and safe abortion. These lifesaving interventions saved $237.5 million in direct healthcare costs, averted 2.5 million unintended pregnancies, and averted nearly more than 496,000 unsafe abortions. We also leveraged advocacy opportunities to create an environment where policies and programs meet the real-life needs of local communities. These efforts led to 39 progressive advocacy achievements across the region in 2017 alone.
The IPPF/WHR Regional Office connects our partners to the global movement for sexual and reproductive rights and ensures their long-term sustainability by providing capacity building in areas such as program planning, organizational development, and fundraising. Together, we build strong institutions and healthy communities.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment.
As Associate Director, Digital Strategy you’ll lead the International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region’s (IPPF/WHR) online fundraising and growth strategy across all digital channels, including social, email, web, and paid media. You’ll manage external consultants and mentor a dedicated digital production and creative team to increase IPPF/WHR’s prominence in the sexual and reproductive health space by growing an engaged—and generous—online donor base. With your strategic vision, curious mind, creative chops, and structured data-driven outlook, you’ll ideate, iterate, test and execute digital campaigns that drive rapid revenue growth, while advancing global sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Associate Director, Digital Strategy reports to the Director of Individual Giving and manages the Email Coordinator.
- Develops strategy and annual plan for digital fundraising and paid media activities, with an emphasis on donor acquisition and retention.
- Leads and develops a dynamic and high-performing digital production team including staff, agencies and creative vendors.
- Works in close partnership with the Development and Communications teams to drive comprehensive strategies across channels.
- Directs multi-channel, rapid response and evergreen digital fundraising campaigns that result in revenue growth and new supporters.
- Responsible for driving diversified growth tactics, including testing, advertising, lead generation, and search engine optimization.
- Assesses and ensures the quality of the creative process and product on an ongoing basis, provides solutions, and offers final sign-off on design, copy, and UX work for digital fundraising projects.
- Expands IPPF/WHR’s digital toolbox including launching a rigorous monthly giving program and peer-to-peer fundraising strategy.
- Provides expert guidance to IPPF/WHR’s management team on digital fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Understands digital audiences through constant listening and feedback loops, including surveying and social listening. Keeps “finger on the pulse” to maintain and build donor relationships long term.
- Oversees management of email marketing platform (Luminate Online) and other digital fundraising tools.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and provides thought leadership for adoption where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree and at least 6-8 years’ experience in multi-channel direct marketing fundraising and/or digital strategy.
- Experience with audience identification, segmentation, experience, conversion, and tracking.
- Prior experience managing teams and consultants. Proficiency managing email and web developers highly desirable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills including familiarity with digital fundraising performance analysis, testing, and strategy.
- Strong writing, editing, communication and project management skills.
- Thrives in a diverse, dynamic, and cross-functional team environment.
- Dedication to IPPF/WHR’s mission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in local and international context.
IPPF/WHR is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
How to Apply