Associate Director – Digital Fundraising
American Kidney Fund
The Associate Director of Digital Fundraising (AD of Digital FR) manages and oversees the growth of online fundraising and engagement programs by executing effective strategies and techniques via all digital channels including email, web, SEM programmatic advertising and paid/organic social in partnership with the subject matter experts in those areas. The AD of Digital FR will provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising and engagement activities, developing and implementing strategies to support revenue generation across the organization.
- Work with Leadership to develop an annual strategic plan for email, search, display, paid social, and other digital marketing channels and execute the plan in a timely and cost-effective manner from beginning to end. The plan will have set gross and net goals that will guide all decisions.
- Coordinate with members of ODFO and Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) and outside vendors on omni-channel fundraising campaigns, ensuring that the creation and delivery of strategic support messaging is consistent across all platforms.
- Oversee digital fundraising and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew, upgrade, and retain members.
- Work in coordination with outside vendors and AD of Marketing to develop and manage emails, landing pages, autoresponders, splash pages, lightboxes, donation forms, tools, and graphics for online fundraising activities.
- Draft fundraising copy, as needed, for unexpected or ad hoc emails, texts, etc.
- Oversee creation and execution of online cultivation, stewardship, and engagement communications.
- Take a key role in the budgeting and re-forecasting process for the digital fundraising program. Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision-making across the program. Pro-actively manage budgets, monitor, and report on digital fundraising campaigns to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target.
- Work with Associate Director of Marketing and Development staff to direct the creation of audience queries through Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage texting program for all fundraising channels and coordinate with other departments that are utilizing texting for their own strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the car donation program, including working in partnership with the Director of Digital Marketing to promote the program through online search marketing and managing AKF’s car donation vendor.
- Support the Director of Community Engagement with all digital marketing aspects of Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives in partnership with appropriate staff members of OCM and outside vendors.
- Track and analyze digital testing across all channels. Translate analysis into actionable items.
- Work closely with constituent relations teams to ensure proper data flow.
- Implement and manage a new reporting system that includes the development of reports that deliver a series of strategic metrics, demonstrate the behavior of our donors, and can predict the trajectory of our program.
- Create dashboards and reports to disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Run bi-weekly digital fundraising meetings, ensuring there is a coordinated agenda with actionable items and a report-out as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 5 years of related work in digital fundraising and marketing
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online or similar products required
- Proficient in-depth knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of managing a digital fundraising program that yields results
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-channel digital marketing platforms (email, digital newsletters, websites, social media, etc.), with demonstrated understanding of best practices and key performance indicators
- Comprehensive experience providing CRM analysis and research a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and budgets with a commitment to high quality and attention to detail
- Comfort moving between different departments and bridging different goals/strategies within the organization
- Display creativity and initiative; respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities
- Must be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity, and diplomacy
- Self-starter with the ability to equally function autonomously and as a member of a team, with high regard for accountability and outcomes
- Some experience in non-profit voluntary health preferred
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements for consideration. Please visit our website at www.kidneyfund.org or use the link below: