Associate Director, Digital Campaigns
Save the Children Action Network
As part of Save the Children Action Network’s (SCAN) State and National Campaigns team, the Associate Director, Digital Campaign works with the Director, National Campaigns and Digital to develop SCAN’s digital campaign strategy and manage the day-to-day implementation of the organization’s digital campaigns, including email advocacy, social media, web, and online fundraising. This role will also be the lead email writer for national campaigns. Working with the Digital Team, the Associate Director will develop and maintain a content calendar that leverages key moments while managing rapid response to late-breaking news. The Associate Director will also supervise SCAN’s social media manager, web and digital manager and digital campaigns manager.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
• Day-to-day management of digital strategy development and implementation (30%)
• Works with the Digital Team to develop and implement strategy, both short and long term
• Creates and manages content calendar, in partnership with the Digital and Public Relations teams
• Participates in monthly Save the Children editorial board meetings
• Reviews copy for social media and web content, including our blog
• Track metrics across various channels to develop monthly dashboards
Online fundraising (30%)
• Develops quarterly and annual online fundraising goals
• Builds the online fundraising calendar each quarter, allowing for rapid response fundraising opportunities
• Manages monthly donor program, including recruitment, retention, and cultivation
• Drafts online fundraising copy, building in testing opportunities to optimize our online fundraising outreach
Email program management, including copywriting, targeting, and strategy (30%)
• Primary email copywriter, including rapid response, online fundraising, and e-advocacy and offline opportunities
• Report email campaign performance metrics to relevant teams
• Draft quarterly reports on email performance
• Manages relationship with our email vendor
• Works with the Director, National Campaigns and Digital to develop and implement supporter acquisition
Data management and reporting (10%)
• Ensures data in SCAN’s CRM is accurate and appropriate reports are available for the State and National Campaigns team
• Manages any necessary data uploads and enhancements
• Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience required
• You have a minimum of 5-7 years’ of relevant experience
• The digital experience for an advocacy organization, nonprofit and/or electoral campaign
• Adaptability and proven ability to absorb and gather new information and turn around compelling action alerts that move people to action quickly and well.
• Strong planning skills, including the development of ambitious production timelines for digital campaigns
• Proven experience and knowledge in working with complex database systems to track online and offline activities
• Strong track record of online fundraising
• Understanding of digital advertising (web, social, email acquisition)
• Pro-active, energetic, patient, detail-oriented, and manages deadlines independently.
• Ability to organize and manage several campaigns simultaneously.
• Willingness to innovate and take risks
• An understanding and appreciation for the power of grassroots organizing at the local, state and federal levels
• Supervision experience
• Experience with data management and web-based platforms (i.e., SharePoint, Microsoft-suite: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience with A/B testing and taking results to scale
• Statistical analysis
What’s In It for You
• Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
• Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Vision Insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Commuter Benefit Program
• Vacation and Sick leave
• Paid holidays
What makes us special!
• Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
• Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
• Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
• Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
• Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto, and additional Life insurances
• Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
• Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
• Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
• Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
• Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
• Language learning opportunities
• Continuous Improvement skill development programs
• Brown Bag information sharing sessions
• Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children Action Network is the political voice for kids. We believe that every child deserves the best start in life. As the political advocacy arm of Save the Children, we’re building bipartisan will and voter support to make sure every child in the U.S. has access to high-quality early learning and that vulnerable children around the world are protected. By investing in kids and holding leaders accountable, we are helping kids survive and thrive.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.