Associate Analyst, QA (Development/Fundraising)
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about data? Savvy with new technologies and systems? Are you creative and want to tackle meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things!
This is an exciting role for someone who has the right skillset to be part of a dynamic team and learn how to apply their expertise. Our Development Operations and Technology team cares deeply about solving critical issues that will measurably impact the lives of MSK’s patients and staff.
The Development Operations and Technology department is responsible for the technical structure and support for MSK’s fundraising efforts. We are looking for a new team member to join us in a QA Analyst role where you will help to improve data quality and efficiency within the department.
- Conduct data integrity projects within Blackbaud CRM, which is the fundraising database of record for MSK, and other applications serving Development.
- Analyze and interpret data from various sources to update donor information, manage duplicate records, and resolve database inconsistencies.
- Assist in identifying the areas of greatest need, developing project plans, and seeing them through to completion.
- Work closely with constituent records in the database to recognize and flag data hygiene issues, process issues, and system failures.
- Run established and scheduled processes that are critical to the functioning of Blackbaud CRM and other applications serving overall business operations.
- Seek a quick and thorough resolution to any issues that may arise to ensure business is not interrupted.
- Interact and communicate closely with the Development fundraising and administrative staff.
- Provide application support, answer questions, and build great relationships with users.
- Become well versed in all business rules and the individual processes and workflows across Development and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Validate data and test system functionality during database upgrades and conversions.
- Evaluate how changes to functionality may impact user experience, data integrity, business rules, and system workflows, and provide feedback to management.
- As needed, assist with process documentation, provide backup to training staff, and contribute to team projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s degree (preferred) and 1-4 years of relevant data analysis experience.
- Ability to synthesize and present highly complex/technical information so that it is clear and easy to understand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a strong analytical aptitude and desire to continually learn and innovate.
- Has a high level of attention to detail, process and organization.
- Has enthusiasm, patience and a positive attitude.
- Has a curious nature and drive for continuous improvement.
- Is eager to collaborate and work in teams, but feels equally comfortable with independent work.
- Has experience and interest in fundraising and the CRM database used to support Development efforts.
- Is an effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and adapting communications based on that understanding.
- Has experience with SQL, relational databases, and Excel.
- Has excellent presentation skills and experience training.
- Understands or has a strong interest in human centered design or design thinking.
- Has worked in large organizations and/or cross functional-matrixed teams.
- Knows how to confidently and credibly share their point of view while developing trusting relationships.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply via MSK Careers website here.