Application Systems Analyst
Job Description: Application Systems Analyst
MiracleFeet is an international nonprofit organization that increases access to proper treatment for children born with clubfoot in developing countries through partnerships with local healthcare providers. There are over one million people living with untreated clubfoot around the world, making it one of the primary causes of physical disability in the world. Thanks to a fully accepted, non-surgical treatment known as the Ponseti Method, it is possible to treat clubfoot effectively and safely for as little as $500 a person. By increasing access to treatment, MiracleFeet gives children born with clubfoot the chance to live healthy, productive lives. See www.miraclefeet.org to learn more about the issue of clubfoot and how MiracleFeet is approaching it.
In 2016, MiracleFeet received a $1M Google.org Impact Award to accelerate global implementation of clubfoot treatment in low resource settings through the development and rollout of digital tools focusing on patient data collection, e-learning, SMS communication with guardians of patients, and brace sensors. One of the key products to come out of this development process is a suite of digital tools for patient data collection and reporting, including CAST, an Android app developed on Dimagi’s CommCare platform that is used as an electronic medical record in clubfoot clinics, and is an essential tool for MiracleFeet’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) protocol. Data collected using CAST is accessible in Salesforce and Tableau.
The Application Systems Analyst will be responsible for administering the CAST technology stack and contributing to strengthening M&E processes through digital technology. Key responsibilities will include overseeing use of the app by existing and future programs, supporting end-user training, building reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Tableau, managing enhancements to the system, and monitoring data quality. This person will also work closely with MiracleFeet’s regional CAST Administrators who serve as Tier 1 technical support and trainers for their geographic region. The Application Systems Analyst reports to the Deputy Director of Programs, will be led by the Monitoring and Evaluation Team Leader, and will work closely with all members of the Programs team (both at headquarters and in the field).
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of MiracleFeet’s Chapel Hill, NC office. Strong US-based remote candidates may be considered.
Application Systems Analyst for CommCare and Salesforce (50%)
· Manage MiracleFeet’s suite of digital tools for patient data collection and reporting, including CommCare, Salesforce, OpenFn, and Tableau
· Coordinate and troubleshoot data integration between CAST, OpenFn and Salesforce
· Manage and make any necessary updates to the Salesforce Community
· Set up new countries and users on these platforms and monitor usage to ensure success
· Identify and perform changes and updates on these platforms as needed
· Monitor and report on data quality and conduct regular data cleaning
Coordinate with Global Tiered Technical Support (25%)
· Provide technical support and troubleshooting for global user base in collaboration with Tier 1
· Work closely with in-country staff and Program Managers as needed to problem-solve issues
· Develop and implement documentation and training for greater independence in troubleshooting at the country level
System Development (20%)
· Build reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Tableau as needed to monitor program data collection and key performance indicators
Where necessary, contract with volunteers or affordable consultants to assist
· Regularly evaluate and solicit feedback on how the CAST tools can be improved and added to in order to better serve users and patients.
· Create a prioritized pipeline of enhancements, including identifying and negotiating with outside contractors to perform work and working with Programs and Leadership to define budgets
· Create and maintain documentation on all component tools
Fundraising and Marketing Support (5%)
· Provide reports and data to the Development and Marketing Departments as needed to supplement grant proposals and funding reports
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Salesforce administration, computer science, database management or other related fields
· Experience in project management, including working with diverse teams of stakeholders
· Technical aptitude with mobile applications, digital technology and online software
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience in Salesforce development
· Salesforce Administrator or Community credentials
· Experience working on digital health projects, especially administration and user support
· Experience in creating reports for program evaluation
· Familiarity with data quality monitoring protocols
· Previous living, working, or volunteer experience in a low-resource setting outside the U.S.
· Excellent analytical, quantitative and trouble-shooting skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly
· Responsive to the needs of end users
· Excels at operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
· Skilled in interpersonal diplomacy and relationship-building, sensitive to cultural norms and expectations
· Flexible to the needs of the organization and the challenges often faced when working in low- and middle-income countries
· Able to organize one’s time and work autonomously while still working in collaboration with others
· Proactive, creative, and takes initiative
· Conversational language skills in French or Spanish a plus
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Health insurance provided
· Three weeks of vacation per year
· Optional 401K plan available; employer match offered starting January 1, 2020
· Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
· Applications will be accepted until September 20, 2019 or until the position is filled.
MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com